NCM insurance

Looks like a Corvette Museum connected organization.  That's probably their specialty.  I no nothing about them but there seems to be plenty of info on the internet.  Remember-cheap isn't always best.   You never now what you've actually bought until you have a claim.  Ask around.  For me, it's always been J.C. Taylor, a very strong supporter of AACA.  Based on personal experience, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Terry

I recall my mom insuring my 1936 $50 Dodge sedan when I was 13 for value  of 900.$$ for like 45.00 a year  in 1974 with J.C.Taylor .

1974 $900 bucks is like  $4,500 bucks today..

I wonder if that was J.C.s min value limit in 74?

Today that same car as bought in 1974 in needs restoring but driving and complete maybe would bring 2,000 to 3,000 on a real sunny day . 

Only guessing the most I'd pay.

The 1974 $50. bucks today would be close to $265.00..

So $50.oo for a driving 36 Dodge was a pretty good in 1974

34 minutes ago, Terry Bond said:

Looks like a Corvette Museum connected organization. 

Looking briefly at their website, I gather that the

"NCM" in NCM Insurance stands for National Corvette

Museum.

I had never heard of it, either.

Easy to get to their website on google. They state their carrier is American Modern Insurance Group which  is licensed in 50 states and have been in property and casualty business since 1965. They are based in Cincinnati, OH, and are rated A+ (superior) by A.M. Best Company.

Who knew?

+1 on JCTaylor. "jc taylor refused to insurance by 73 dodge dart because it didnt met their 10k min value" Never heard of that, have several cars insured for less than $10k.

On 3/27/2021 at 6:39 PM, Terry Bond said:

Looks like a Corvette Museum connected organization.  That's probably their specialty.  I no nothing about them but there seems to be plenty of info on the internet.  Remember-cheap isn't always best.   You never now what you've actually bought until you have a claim.  Ask around.  For me, it's always been J.C. Taylor, a very strong supporter of AACA.  Based on personal experience, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Terry

J. C. Taylor has also been my choice since I had a negative experience with another antique insurance company back in 1985. The other company, having insured my entire collection for +/- 20 years with no claims at all, decided they wanted a Notarized Statement that nobody under age 35(?) would be permitted to drive my cars.

I tried to reason with them that my children would be excluded from engaging in the hobby which put the company's golden platter before them - to no avail.

Explaining that youth are the future of the hobby fell on deaf ears.

Responding to their statement that young people are dangerous careless drivers, I noted that children and grandchildren of serious hobby supporters grow up in a world where the vehicles are respected and appreciated - still no acceptance !

J. C. Taylor's top exec fully appreciated my thoughts, agreed to take on my collection without the absurd stipulation, encouraged young hobbyists, and even furnished the "Youngest Driver" Trophy for Tours - how's that for support.

They were also phenominal when I really needed them after Hurricane Katrina !! 

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 2