For Sale: 1960 Lincoln Continental Mark V 2dr hardtop, low miles - $9,800 - Saxonburg, PA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1960 Lincoln Continental Mark V 2dr hardtop, low miles - $9,800 - Saxonburg, PA

RARE 1960 Lincoln Continental Mark V Barn find, low miles - cars &... (craigslist.org)

RARE 1960 Lincoln Continental Mark V, only 1400 of these were made. Barn find, with low miles at 52,736, with clear title reflecting actual mileage. Automatic transmission, been stored for over 35 years. Engine turns over , not running at this time, needs brakes looked at (no brakes at this time). Blue leather interior all power windows and brakes and steering. ... asking $9800

Copy and paste in your email:

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1960 Lincoln Continental Mark V 2dr hardtop.

Note: 1,461 of this model and body style built.

'60 Lincoln Continental Mark V PA a.jpg

'60 Lincoln Continental Mark V PA b.jpg

'60 Lincoln Continental Mark V PA c.jpg

'60 Lincoln Continental Mark V PA ca.jpg

'60 Lincoln Continental Mark V PA d.jpg

'60 Lincoln Continental Mark V PA e.jpg

'60 Lincoln Continental Mark V PA f.jpg

'60 Lincoln Continental Mark V PA g.jpg

'60 Lincoln Continental Mark V PA h.jpg

'60 Lincoln Continental Mark V PA i.jpg

'60 Lincoln Continental Mark V PA j.jpg

• Like 1

Looks pretty clean; not rusty. I see a lot of these that are rotted away. I personally would prefer an example like this and spend some time and money in getting it to run and drive. Hopefully it wouldn't take too much.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

With any uni-bodied car, a solid, low or no rust underbody structure is worth twice what any rusted example is worth.  Rust damaged uni-bodies are notoriously difficult and costly to repair.  This Lincoln appears to be a solid example, though interested parties should plan on time to examine the underbody thoroughly.

BTW, the left side fender skirt is from a 1958-'59 Lincoln Premiere or Capri that had a lower body trim that began at the rear bumper and ended near the front of the front doors.  The right side fender skirt is original '60 Continental.

Edited by 58L-Y8
Fender skirt notes (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The fact that it has not been running for 35 years could be good, or it could be bad. It hasn't been subjected to driving in snow for the past 35 years (good). But not running for the past 35 years means going through all of the mechanicals and who knows what you may find (bad). The interior looks great and that would be quite a few dollars to recreate. 

• Like 1

Despite the great interior and relative rust free-ness, these would cost $25,000 to $75,000 to restore.  For me, if it speaks to you, it's a $3,000 car  $10,000 will buy you something nice and well sorted.