Not Mine: 1927 Auburn Pickup Truck Conversion on BaT

The bed I think is actually a factory option they offered for a couple of years to the dealers to repurpose sedans if so desired.  

Sure wouldn't mind adding that to the stable.  Might even sell the big boy to get it.  I thought i saw it advertised not long ago for 6 figures,  but I could be wrong.  It is a good buy at even 30G.  Wonder where it will actually end? 

• Like 1

I do have 30 G just sitting around collecting dust,  I was going to use to buy some more property but the seller hasn't been overly active about making a deal.  Could repurpose it for this. ;) 

I think they want alot more though. 

Isn't there a reserve?  I could have sworn I saw one. 

I do recall we were talking about this truck on this forum not too long ago. The price tag was like $80,000 or some huge number. I have $10 that says this auction will not meet reserve.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Matt Harwood said:

I have $10 that says this auction will not meet reserve.

I'd say you have a 50-50 chance of being right. There's a lot of money floating around out there and too often not enough common sense to go along with it. 

Does it say anywhere in the listing when the reserve is met?  I can't find anywhere that it hasn't been?  I could have sworn the other day when it was at 20G that it said reserve not met.

I know i don't stand a chance but if the reserve has been met I would throw my 30 in the ring. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

They usually post in the comments as soon as the reserve is met. If it hasn't been met, it won't be mentioned. If it is a no reserve auction, it will say so in the headline. This one still has not met reserve as far as I can tell.

I don't like a lot of things about Bring A Trailer, but I've purchased cars there and relatively speaking, the fees are pretty reasonable. Yes, buyer's premiums are crap, but theirs is capped at $5000 regardless of the cost of the car, so if you're buying enough car, it can be a bargain. I suspect the big auction houses are watching them and sweating a bit given their massive success during Covid. A return to big, crowded, in-person auctions and all the expenses related to them (which are, of course passed along to the customers) is not very likely. Huge commissions on both sides, shipping costs, entry fees, limited auction time, the great unwashed masses, etc. No thanks.

The game is changing right in front of our eyes.

• Like 2

I had made an offer on that property and the guy actually just got back to me but turned it down literally about an hour ago.  It was quite a bit above assessment so I thought fairly generous,  especially since I was only interested in buying it as a buffer,  which is why he bought and owned it.  He did have it actively up for sale as he posted some for sale signs on it and even thought the assessment was high and that's why he was selling it.  I just wanted it so someone wouldn't build right behind us.  

With that said maybe I should place a bid. Could always sell the big boy to recoup some money. 

I'm sure that reserve is probably north of 40 though. 

3 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I had made an offer on that property and the guy actually just got back to me but turned it down literally about an hour ago.  It was quite a bit above assessment so I thought fairly generous,  especially since I was only interested in buying it as a buffer,  which is why he bought and owned it.  He did have it actively up for sale as he posted some for sale signs on it and even thought the assessment was high and that's why he was selling it.  I just wanted it so someone wouldn't build right behind us.  

With that said maybe I should place a bid. Could always sell the big boy to recoup some money. 

I'm sure that reserve is probably north of 40 though. 

Place a bid,  you may not meet the reserve, but if the seller DOES want to sell, it may open up some dialogue.

Def an interesting vehicle. And it looks to be well built. 

Well I did get in the auction hit 27, keyed up 29,  then someone shot it over to 32 before I submitted it,  so I'm out. 

Looks like it ended at 34G with reserve not met.  

I was randyshotrods. 

• Like 1