Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Went to fire her up and everything was spinning but no spark. I have this happen before and a little twist behind the dash of the amp gauge did the trick. This time a ‘pop’ , a whiff of ozone, and the needle when hard left. Question is: Are these rebuildable? Seems like a sealed unit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like you may have shorted the battery connection to ground via the dash if the fibre insulating washers have disintegrated.

I would recommend disconnecting / isolating the battery to avoid a fire.

The ammeter maybe repairable depending on the damaged done but these are often seen for sale on ebay or perhaps obtainable from a fellow enthusiast. (Maybe be considerably cheaper to replace rather than repair) I have spares here in Australia if you are unable to find one in your locale.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...