Electric Hand Shifter

I have an Electric Hand shifter used on 1935-38 Hudson's and Terraplanes.  Does anyone know what the value of these are?  I'd like to sell it to someone who needs one for their car.   Thx, Richard

So few of them are sold, that it's hard to establish a standard value.  

Do you have the entire setup?  That would consist of the stalk that attaches to the steering column (with the actual miniature shift lever), the steering column jacket with internal raceway for the wiring from the switch, numerous switches that fit on the clutch and transmission, and the entire electro-vacuum power unit (with 2 cylinders) that bolts to the transmission.  (There's also the special transmission cover and the accessory emergency gearshift lever that plugs into the top of the transmission in case of failure.)  If you have all of this, it would be infinitely more valuable than just the steering column stalk with the tiny shift lever.

Since it's so hard to estimate value, maybe Ebay is the best way to sell this.  Take photos of all the components you have, and list the Electric Hand on Ebay.  Then, go to a Hudson forum like the Open Forum https://forum.hetclub.org/ and post a message there, saying the unit is for sale and giving the Ebay URL.  This should attract Hudson bidders.

If you had a really nice set of the internals then I would guess it would have a little bit of value.   Say 100-200 dollars if it was a Cord and something less for the Hudson.

Since you just have the stock,  I'm thinking there is little to no market as that piece doesn't degrade over time and the buyer would still need the internals.

Nope, Hudson-only, from 1936-39.  (1935 was a different shape).  If it were mine, I'd simply put it up on Ebay and get what I could for it.  And again, I'd suggest placing a notice on the Hudson Open Forum (see link above), along with a URL that leads to the actual Ebay ad.  So that you'll attract some bidders.

Incidentally, here is the actual power unit, remote switches and shift tower that would have been bolted to the transmission:

hudson+a916.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richard m said:

Thanks.  Here is a pic of what I have.  Pretty plain so assume its not a Cord!  Like many things I have kept so long that it has no use or value!

IMG_3194.JPG

That looks like a complete unit with internals?   I've been working on a Cord one for the last 2 months and I can tell you that working internals have value.   Maybe not lots.   The suggestion of putting it on eBay is a good one and don't be shy to let it go for what doesn't seem like lots of money.

IMG_7909.jpg

• 4 weeks later...