SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! AACA Meet, Auburn, IN - Buick and Hudson Spotlight!

1866574820_2021AuburnDP_FINAL.thumb.jpg.

AACA Central Spring Nationals
Auburn, IN - July 1-3, 2021

We hope this gets your engines revved up!  

This year promises to be our biggest and best!  The traditional show at Auburn Auction Park courtesy of RM Auctions will be held July 1-3 in Auburn, Indiana. Located on hundreds of acres of property, a LOT of asphalt and large buildings allows us to do everything we need in a year of some uncertainty due to the virus.

AACA is continuing a tradition of inviting other car clubs to join us at national events.  Our goal for this event is to continue our mission of helping everyone in the hobby, not just our members, which is why our library is a free library, and our website hosts other car club forums for free.  

EVENT HIGHLIGHTS:

• Auburn IN is the home of great car museums and wonderful countryside.  
  • The facility we use is directly off an exit on an Interstate highway so it is easy access on and off.  
  • There are plenty of hotel rooms in the vicinity.  
  • Friday night we will have a cruise-in to downtown Auburn and the A-C-D Museum and the NATMUS Museum will stay open late for our car clubs.  
  • We expect to have a great flea market and car corral from Friday to Saturday as well and the cost for spaces is more than reasonable.  It is a deal!  
  • Saturday’s show will allow the clubs to park separately but anyone who is an AACA member will still be eligible to get their car judged even if it is parked with the marque club.  
  • Our world class banquet by award winning BBQ chef, Tim Johnson and family will be held again and anyone who has been at Auburn in the past can tell you it is amazing!  Tim will also be serving breakfast and lunch on Saturday.

Buick, AMC and Hudson-Essex-Terraplane - SPECIAL SPOTLIGHT

• We have been asked to invite Buick owners and provide a separate venue for the Buick fans to have a judged event. The Buick Heritage Alliance will be supporting the show by providing very special awards. The awards are spectacular and unlike any you have ever experienced most likely! The traditional trophy awarded at national Buick meets by The NB Center for American Automotive Heritage in Allentown will also be awarded.  Buick owners do not hesitate to register as we have room for over 1,000 cars properly spaced and room to feed everyone. As an example, we fed 700 people in 2019 in 25 minutes!  Again, you have a chance to be judged at both the Buick display and AACA on the same day! Information will be available online at www.aaca.org/buickshow for the Buick folks. 

Judging at Auburn Buick Celebration

Judging will take place on July 3rd at Auburn Buick Celebration. Please note that we will not be using BCA, AACA or any other club judging programs for this event.  Our judging will be unique to this show. All Buicks must be on the show field by 9AM for the start of judging and complete by 11AM. Judging will be conducted by a judging team per class and 3 vehicles per class will be selected for a class award. There will also be special recognition awards for various categories (e.g. Outstanding Pre-War, Post-War, etc.), these cars will be selected by a distinct judging team from any class team and who will look at all Buicks on the show field. At 2:30PM on the show field we will recognize the winners and distribute the awards at this time (COVID restrictions will dictate how we actually do this). The AACA BBQ dinner will follow as per the schedule and AACA’s awards will follow that.

• Hudson-Essex-Terraplane fans have been invited and their cars will be displayed in their own separate area.  
  • AMC owners fans have been invited and their cars will be displayed in their own separate area. 

Special Memberships for Non-AACA members

We have a special ½ year membership you can purchase for $20, available June 1, which will allow you to be judged by AACA.  

Judging

AACA has over 100 judging classes and special classes for unrestored cars, “driver” cars, motorcycles, trucks, etc. Our Judging Guidelines can be found at  https://www.aaca.org/images/judge/2020_Judging_Guidelines.pdf  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Buick folks, we have several hotels already listed on the brochure.  Just go to www.aaca.org/buickshow  and read the brochure.  There are others.  No host hotel as they are all boutique type hotels in the area.  big hotels in Ft. Wayne.  If you are an AACA member the registration is where it always has been under show pre-registration at the top of the page.  Ooops, link dropped off.  I will get someone on this in the morning.  Sorry.  ^&^%^$$%%##

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm at the Tru by Hilton in Auburn.

As Steve mentioned no one host hotel. So @BUICK RACER kinda like Flint (or Allentown) we will just clump together as we can either in the AACA hotels on the tri-fold or in ones chosen perhaps by some of the various smaller Buick enthusiast groups like the Reatta folks or BDE, etc.

Edited by 38Buick 80C (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Steve,

Typically at Auburn spring and fall, we are able to camp on the premises with a motorhome.

I realize this is different, but will this be possible for this event?

Thanks,

Dennis

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Dennis, absolutely but unfortunately there is a $25 charge this year (NOT per day).  The brochure explains the show pretty extensively. Thanks

So it's self-contained Motorhome? Not camper/trailer boondocking?

Self contained only for our event at this time.  I will ask RM if they want to open up their  hook-up camper area but I assume the charge will be much more. It has been so at their auctions.  RM will only have a skeleton staff for this event so it presents challenges for them and us

6 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

I will ask RM if they want to open up their  hook-up camper area but I assume the charge will be much more.

That would be greatly appreciated Steve. I have looked into camping sites in and around Auburn and so far not impressed. Found this on the RM site and I see what you mean by "much more", hopefully a reduced rate can be negotiated.   And I assume by the statement "pump truck available" I know what they're pumping so apparently no sewer hook up, only water and electrical?

Thanks again for looking into this @Steve Moskowitz, hopefully it will work and and help draw some camper folks like myself to the event. Nothins more fun than sitting around a barbecue grill, sipping a favorite beverage, smoking a favorite stogie and tellin lies with your friends.

image.thumb.png.ad477e71c90a4ef407e6be9a3d9ab3cb.png

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Mr. Earl, I still do not have an answer...have not forgotten you!  Awful quiet here.  I expected a lot of comments both pro and negative on what we were doing.  Hopefully it is because everyone is just planning on coming...hope we have a big crowd.  AACA members, registration cards in the mail, online is open!

Thanks, we just finished the first "final" draft about 10 minutes ago and having it reviewed by the team.  Tommy call me if you have any names or contact info of famous retired NASCAR drivers in the area.   

26 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Thanks, we just finished the first "final" draft about 10 minutes ago and having it reviewed by the team.  Tommy call me if you have any names or contact info of famous retired NASCAR drivers in the area.   

Steve,

All that I knew are gone now. 

On 3/23/2021 at 6:10 PM, Bill Stoneberg said:

It sounds like no host hotel.  Looking in town, there is a Holiday Inn and a Hampton Inn plus a few more.

Back in 2019 when I went to Auburn I stayed at the Days Inn by Wyndham Auburn. Not real fancy, just a good, clean, hotel. The free breakfast was typical for hotel like this so have reasonable expectations. Best part was it was just a very few miles from Auburn Auction Park and a lot of the museums, etc in Auburn. The staff there were really great and the price was VERY reasonable. The main building does have two floors and I don't remember that they had an elevator.  The parking lot is not huge but there are areas in the lot and an area in the front of the building where you could park a car trailer if need be.

Days Inn Auburn

• 2 weeks later...

Had planned to bring my 1912 Buick and 1996 Buick Roadmaster this until it was moved to the July 4th weekend that is booked every year by my wife as a boating trip. Hopefully they will move this back to May next year.

On 3/29/2021 at 7:52 AM, Machine Gun said:

I booked my hotel yesterday. I plan to arrive late Thursday and will stay through Noon on Saturday. I'm looking forward to the event and meeting some of you.

I have also booked my motel.  I plan to bring a bunch of Buick parts and run a flea market,since there will be a lot of Buick guys there, I expect.

I have a lot of first class used chrome for 1941 Buick, a lot of miscellaneous nos for 1964 and maybe a little 1939.  Some of the parts cover a lot of other years of course.  This all depends on how I feel near the time.

• Like 2

3880C I don't have anything for a '38 unless it might fit a later model, and I don't think I have much mechanical stuff to bring, except for maybe 1964.  Mostly trim. Just so you know.  Drop by to visit when you visit your relatives here and maybe  you'll find something.

3 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

3880C I don't have anything for a '38 unless it might fit a later model, and I don't think I have much mechanical stuff to bring, except for maybe 1964.  Mostly trim. Just so you know.  Drop by to visit when you visit your relatives here and maybe  you'll find something.

Earl,

it's me... the like was for you coming and bringing stuff regardless of what it fits.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, 38Buick 80C said:

Earl,

it's me... the like was for you coming and bringing stuff regardless of what it fits.

It's all a matter of health and how I feel, which is kind of week to week.  A friend is going with me tomorrow to pick up my newly painted and partially reupholstered 1939 Buick Special sedan tomorrow.  I put in a new front floor mat, reupholstered the leather on the front and back seats, and repainted the car the same color as it was.  The old leather was done in 1971 and the lacquer paint was finished in 1979.  I just wanted to make it nice again in these latter years.  I've advertised my restored 1941 Roadmaster in the June BCA Bugle for less that I've got in it.  What else is new? I just never could get it to a National AACA Meet for judging after it was finished with the COVID and a lot of health problelms.  Damn shame about that, but may it won't sell and that can happen yet.  Prewar is hard here in Central Florida where it is so hot, and no air in a black car.

• Like 1