My 1958 Limited 750

lancemb

Yes, I am back in the 58 Buick world, unexpectedly.  Somehow I manage to find cars I can't pass up by talking to people.

I just visited the car for the second time today and made the deal, it's not home yet and won't be for a little while.

I don't think I stole the car, but got a fair deal on it.  It wasn't the price that got me, it was the car.  I've regretted letting my last one go ever since I did, so when I had a chance to get a pretty good one not too far away, I had to jump on it.

It's got just under 76k miles, original paint, interior, and engine. 

The paint is not perfect, but good enough that with a little touch up I'll be happy with it as a survivor, at least for some time.  It does have a few cancer spots, mostly hidden.  I think I know someone who can take care of those spots and touch it up a bit though. 

20210322_122928.thumb.jpg.75218b719e99c66f00a8aaa8a6bb8a23.jpg

20210322_122815.thumb.jpg.3422cc8c0e0bff659a363940a5c7faba.jpg

Edited by lancemb (see edit history)
  • Like 10

24 minutes ago, dmfconsult said:

I guess you are going to help @dei find a home for all his spare 58 parts and reduce his storage whoas!  LOL

dei has an awesome stash I would be happy to help whittle down, but I'm pretty sure he's got a couple ideas for them already!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dmfconsult said:

I guess you are going to help @dei find a home for all his spare 58 parts and reduce his storage whoas!  LOL

If only @dmfconsult! LOL

Trim and firewall  back are different than the 2 doors but mechanically they share about everthing.

Congrats Lance on the purchase! 

Now I know for sure there is some reorganizing to be done to fit her in with all those Roadies.

I'm envious, enjoy the ride.

Edited by dei (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This one, finished in the same color scheme, appeared at the BCA's 50th Anniversary National Meet at the Nicola Bulgari facility in Allentown, PA during 2016.  It was among my favorite cars at the event:

lance-1.jpg

lance-2.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I am always looking for 1957 license plates with my county code on them, because you can register your car to them in Indiana and use them. 

I decided to check Ebay for a 1958 one and wouldn't you know what I found?  A sample plate, brand new in original envelope, with my county code on it.  Perfect!

20210405_165134.jpg.2cdca2a38438384a7d8d029cf36423b4.jpg

• Like 9

Nice 58.  Green like my 60 Electra.  58 was a less desirable year for me when I was looking for a classic.  But over time and seeing the 58 in person I have really grown to appreciate/love this year Buick.  I mean sheesh, the 58 just has this commanding presence.   Enjoy your Buick.  She is a beauty.         

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1