Can a 1960 Electra brake drum fit a Riv?

I have a pair of 1960 front drums that we are wanting to know if they will fit on a 64 Riv. It’s front drums are shot.

Bearings seem different, one is a ball bearing while one has tapered bearings.  
Thanks for any information. 

No. 1958 - 1960 Buick Front Drums are 12" x 2 1/2" -- and are

1958 - 1960 Buick Fronts ONLY...

...1961 - 1967 Buick Full Size Fronts and 1963 - 1967 Buick Riviera Fronts are the same --- but they are 12" x 2 1/4" --- and all by themselves....

Hubs are VERY, VERY different --- Ball Bearings changed to Tapered Bearings, as you have accurately indicated....

Edited by mobileparts (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Bill,

I have two cast iron, almost brand new,  replacement drums I would sell for $100.00 each plus shipping.  They are rather heavy being all cast iron.

Let me know IF you may be iterested.

Tom T.

1 hour ago, telriv said:

Bill,

I have two cast iron, almost brand new,  replacement drums I would sell for $100.00 each plus shipping.  They are rather heavy being all cast iron.

Let me know IF you may be iterested.

Tom T.

Tom,  I am interested.  What is shipping to 78717 ?

Drums are riveted to the hubs. The hubs contain the bearings. You might find drums that will work but they’ll be riveted to the wrong hubs.

Yeah Andrew I just checked & it was now updated two days ago.  

I do have pleny of aluminum drums for sale IF Bill wants to go that route. I know the cast iron drums are HEAVY at over 31pds. for each one plus the box & packing material made it cost prohibitive. 

Aluminum drums are MUCH lighter & sure it wouldn't be as costly as I do have '64 drums specifically for '64's.

Tom T.