For Sale: 1962 Corvair sedan - $8,000 - Ansonia, CT - Not Mine - Still available, price reduced to $6,500, June '21:

For Sale: 1962 Corvair sedan - $8,000 - Ansonia, CT - Still available, price reduced to $6,500, June '21: see new link below.

Must Sell - 1962 Corvair - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

For sale is a 1962 Corvair sedan in great shape.  Engine rebuilt. Runs and drives great.  New wheel cylinders, master cylinder, and shoes.  $8,000 or best offer. Open to all offers.  Prefer phone calls. odometer: 33179

Copy and paste in your email:    668b92914d043e07a6052c725f1ed978@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1962 Corvair sedan.

'62 Corvair CT a.jpg

'62 Corvair CT b.jpg

'62 Corvair CT c.jpg

'62 Corvair CT d.jpg

'62 Corvair CT e.jpg

'62 Corvair CT f.jpg

'62 Corvair CT g.jpg

'62 Corvair CT h.jpg

'62 Corvair CT i.jpg

'62 Corvair CT j.jpg

'62 Corvair CT k.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still available, price reduced to $6,500, June '21: (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1962 Corvair sedan - $8,000 - Ansonia, CT - Not Mine - Still available, price reduced to $6,500, June '21:

Six Grand and your on the way to car shows, ice cream runs and Sunday drives, polishing and performing typical maintenance while learning about your car.

Oh wait, isnt this a crappy hobby to get into unless your very wealthy or born with a chrome wrench in your hand?  😉👍

• Like 1

"Title Missing" in CL ad could be a problem!  Seller should address this first, then it would be an easier sale...

From the Connecticut State DMV website:

Connecticut does not require a title for vehicles over 20 model years old.  This letter can be used as proof of what model year vehicles Connecticut titles.  See website for pdf download.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, atglass said:

Does anyone know if it can be titled in N.C. without a seller's title? Just a bill of Sale.

I tried NCDMV, but the person I spoke with was of no help.

CT has no titles for cars this old, but as I understand CT can provide paperwork to the current owner to stand as a title for an out of state sale, assuming he owns it. How do they tell if he owns it? Heck if I know.

3 or 4 years ago a car turned up in CT on Craigslist that I had been lusting after since I was 14 years old. It was the right color, had the right engine option, no signs of rustout in the usual spots, was running and driving and had a decent stock interior. The price was slightly below market in my opinion. I didn't even get on the airplane. There is no way I would drop a whole bunch of cash on something like that and not even know if I own it. You could ask him to get the appropriate CT paperwork if you like before you drop the cash, but personally I would run away screaming.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1