Hemi intake manifold

The one that Padgett shows is quite probably for a wedge motor.

The manifold in question is one that I have never seen or even heard of.

The casting number is not in any of my Hemi ID books. Nor is there any mention of it.

It does look like it would fit to a first generation Hemi though.

Mopar is pretty good for things showing up that were never made.

Here's what I call a Cross Ram.

IM000655.JPG

Wonder if that would have fit  on my 1953 Dodge Red Ram. At 241 ci that Hemi needed a little help. I think most of the performance problems were due to the transmission though that “It’s kind of a manual or automatic “ was novel and fun.

20 hours ago, Jubilee said:

Wonder if that would have fit  on my 1953 Dodge Red Ram. At 241 ci that Hemi needed a little help. I think most of the performance problems were due to the transmission though that “It’s kind of a manual or automatic “ was novel and fun.

Of the three different early Hemis, Chrysler, Desoto and Dodge, Just about NOTHING will interchange between the three.

Possibly the points, but on the tranny end they are all the same. So flywheels, clutches and transmissions will interchange.

This manifold looks like it would fit a Chrysler.

16 hours ago, 1912Staver said:

What are the extra ports for on the " Pan America " manifold ? The ones that lead from the head mating surface and curve up to the 2 bolt , horizontal flange connections .

Greg

I was interested in those as well.

Those are where the water passages would be, so this thing must have had some massive cooling system.

I also noticed that there is no exhaust crossover.