1973 AMX Stick

The SST made me remember this from last night.   Really nice car but crappy advertisement.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-AMC-AMX/133692369821

1973 Javelin AMX .  Not many cars have the 4 speed in the in this era.  So, the 360 4v 4-speed is a real nice set up.

The car has an older restoration.  Not perfect, but very eye appealing and gets lots of attention for it's sex appeal.   

The car is a 360, Borg Warner t-10 s speed, go pack and rally gauges, power steering, power disc brakes, title wheel, 3:38 Posi rear end, am/fm stereo.  

Nice Car.  Call for more info if needed.  

Tim

71-AMX.jpg

• Like 2

Memories!  One of my HS buddies had an older brother with one of these. Same year and drivetrain combo too.  Gray primer though. My buddy may have hypothetically “borrowed” it before we were 16, and I may have hypothetically joined him for a joy ride.

I can still smell the hypothetical tire smoke. 😳

I prefer the earlier Javelin/AMX styling, but these are great too. Amazing what AMC was able to pull off with limited resources. 

- John 

• Like 1

When I was in HS I was on the prowl for a 66-69 GTO Convertible.  I really wanted a stick.

Wray Schelin of metal shaping fame has a used car lot at the corner of Rt20 & Rt9 in Northborough Massachusetts.   He had one of these but with the 401 - four speed.  A tired used car but not a rot box.  Price was 450 bucks.  I wonder if Wray remembers that.     I thought about it for a while before passing.   It would not have been a bad buy,  but I eventually got a 69 GTO Vert.

I really like these second gen Javelins when they're in nice condition...as much as I like the originals, and this one is a beauty. Surprisingly (to me) it seems like there aren't a lot of people out there who think these cars are worth the effort or expense of a restoration (if the large percentage I see in sub-standard condition is any indication.)   That's a shame. Love that car.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JamesR said:

I really like these second gen Javelins when they're in nice condition...as much as I like the originals, and this one is a beauty. Surprisingly (to me) it seems like there aren't a lot of people out there who think these cars are worth the effort or expense of a restoration (if the large percentage I see in sub-standard condition is any indication.)   That's a shame. Love that car.

One of the nicest 1973 designs, AMC does not get the respect it deserves for making cars like this one.  I would have no problem owning a car like this.

• Like 2

I purchased my 1974 AMC Javelin in 1982 for $800.... it had the 304 V8 with a 3 speed on the floor. It needed paint and a little body work, but it turned out ok.... I drove it thru high school - that car was a lot of fun !!

Steve

image.png.7d331c20fd4c4c99148d52708a3848fc.png

• Like 2