For Sale: 1965 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special - $9,700 - Aurora, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1965 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special - $9,700 - Aurora, CO

1965 Cadillac Fleetwood - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Original Cadillac Fleetwood, Colorado Car, 81,875 documented miles, Starts and drives, A lot of new parts, Clean Colorado Title, $9,700 OBO, Please call with questions or further information. No Trades.

Copy and paste in your email:  f7def44661993e22ab27423437c58f44@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1965 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special.

'65 Cadillac 60 Special CO a.jpg

'65 Cadillac 60 Special CO b.jpg

'65 Cadillac 60 Special CO c.jpg

'65 Cadillac 60 Special CO d.jpg

'65 Cadillac 60 Special CO e.jpg

'65 Cadillac 60 Special CO f.jpg

'65 Cadillac 60 Special CO g.jpg

'65 Cadillac 60 Special CO h.jpg

'65 Cadillac 60 Special CO i.jpg

'65 Cadillac 60 Special CO j.jpg

'65 Cadillac 60 Special CO k.jpg

'65 Cadillac 60 Special CO l.jpg

'65 Cadillac 60 Special CO m.jpg

'65 Cadillac 60 Special CO n.jpg

• Like 3

Yes, it looks like a really straight and affordable luxury car. Our high school nurse back in '75-6 had a Fleetwood Caddy just like this. She told me that she and her husband always bought used Cadillacs because they were better cared for than other used cars. She was probably right, back then.

• Like 1

Yes, for a six passenger sedan, 133" wb, 227.5 OAL, only the Fleetwood 75 sedan and limousine were longer at 243.8 OAL.   Best part of the Fleetwood 60 Special is the four inches added over the 129"wb of the DeVille is the length went into the rear seat legroom which, as you can see in the pictures, is very generous.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Guys, refresh my memory about that side molding. Was it sort of a peel and stick add on thing? Do you think the rest of it can be removed without leaving residue?

If it's anything like my '76 Eldorado and '69 SDV, the side molding is held on by clips that are either secured through holes in the sheetmetal or little nubs that protrude and are part of the sheetmetal skin. Either way, its likely that removing the side trim means bodywork and paint. I'm not positive that this car would be the same, but I don't believe OEMs were using adhesive tape for side moldings until the '80s at the earliest.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Guys, refresh my memory about that side molding. Was it sort of a peel and stick add on thing? Do you think the rest of it can be removed without leaving residue?

This car has that cheap stick-on molding, note where only the adhesive is left where the strips came off.  A good clean-up would restore those sides to the way they were designed to be: clean.   People stuck those aftermarket rub strips on to protect the sides from parking lot dings.

Edited by 58L-Y8 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

This car has that cheap stick-on molding, note where only the adhesive is left where the strips came off.  A good clean-up would restore those sides to the way they were designed to be: clean.   People stuck those aftermarket rub strips on to protect the sides from parking lot dings.

58, Thank you for that. I thought that was the case. I can even remember those moldings coming rolled up in boxes. It's just that it has been a while and I couldn't quite recall. Well, that should be an easy fix, as long as the paint isn't damaged

Hudsy Wudsy:

The adhesive usually will clean off without leaving any trace.  It appear as if the car has had a respray in a similar but not quite matching blue metallic, check the rear door jams for where the original paint still shows.  That's not uncommon for Colorado cars given the intense, high plains sunlight that 'sunburns' paint there, especially the less durable paints in the 1960's.  It would still clean up and take a shine nicely.   Oddly enough, the original vinyl top covering hasn't been ruined by the harsh sunlight.   The big plus is the low humidity preserves the sheet metal and chrome, Colorado didn't use road salt much decades ago.  What is amazing is how well preserved the original interior is, even the driver's seat.