3 hours ago, George Cole said:

I was green before being green was cool.  Cole Car engines are either green, grey or black.  As I'm chipping the black powder coat from the engine of my 1920 touring car, I'm repainting as close to the original green as I've been able to find.

But yes, Ed, I truly am a tractor mechanic.  I've got 6 John Deere garden tractors (1965 110, 1969 112, 1980 212 with blade, 1981 317 with loader and tiller, 1985 318 tiller, and a 1986  430 diesel.  All have mower decks and other attachments such as belly blades, cultivator, plow, etc.  I've got one more loader which I want to mount on the 318 or 430.  I may eventually take the loader off the 317 (arm-strong steering,) and put it on the other power steering tractors (318, or 430,)...another one of my roundtuits.  I've also got a 1978 JD 90 skid loader.

Left Head Installed.jpg

IMG_9244.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

Lexie on 318.jpg

IMG_5056.JPG

Is that Cole engine Detroit Diesel green?

2 hours ago, rocketraider said:

pkhammer, what year is the Ford pickup? ¡Me gusta mucho!

It's a '42. Drivetraino notto quiteth stocko!

• Thanks 1

Made in Coventry England, 1912, sold and first registered in County Donegal, Ireland.  It's the 405th vehicle ever registered there.

Owned by a bank robber who brought it to Scotland with him in the very early 1920s.  He worked on a sheep farm until he just vanished, leaving behind the Triumph and most of his meager possessions.   Discovered by a hunting party in the 1950s and acquired by a well-known collector of early motorcycles, who I purchased it from.  We raise glass of "the dew" to all who had a hand in saving it.   I only wish it could talk.

Terry

NATIONAL AWARDS Three Qtr View Other Side resized.jpg

Triumph before-resized.jpg

• Like 8
13 hours ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

image.thumb.png.1125c421997ea299263661a984ef3483.png

That car is so perfect! I guess I wasn't aware you had completed the Super Sport. That color and quality are awesome. I'd personally love to see more pictures.

28 minutes ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

Hey James....that's my 327 Impala, the SS Impala still under restoration ( both are Frost Green )

Steve

image.thumb.png.7ca65d308b73fdd6e7e61593e2c46bba.png

I like 69 big Chevrolets a lot, but wonder what happened to all the Sport Coupes. Would like to have one; my mother drove one for years. Custom Coupes are comparatively common but not Sport Coupes or Sedans.

2 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

Custom Coupes are comparatively common but not Sport Coupes or Sedans

That seems to be the case Glenn...the Bel Air sedan that I got last year, happen to be a friend of mine....you just don't see them anymore.

Steve

image.thumb.png.76f57ae1b3ed250bec28cf01bd1696c8.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys for all the wonderful music making today so special ! As I start writing this, St. Patrick still holds the day for another 1/2 hour on the Pacific side. Many a “Danny Boy” have we all heard. Closing in on 40 years ago, my crew and I had to work on Christmas Eve. Didn’t seem right to me. So I offered all my guys a drink at our neighborhood dive bar. Our short party ended with the customary daily payroll obligations taking place at 8:30 AM. The day was short, but the pay was not. The dive is a REAL dive , and serves several shifts between 6:00 AM and the following 2:00 AM. Naturally , by 8:30 AM, First Shift is no less than half-crocked. Inebriate, totally unknown to me, (if I were to have had a regular shift there, it would have been 4th or 5th), was dressed as I presumed Dr. Livingston would have been. Right down to a pith helmet , white to match his linen suit. Half-crocked doc breaks into “Danny Boy” while standing at the bar !! And he did a very good job of it ! This , by way of my favorite “Danny Boy” Please check out Eva Cassidy’s presentation. Poor dear girl. Taken far too young. She would not quite be 60 today.   -  O’Cadillac Carl, 11:54 PM , PDT March 17, 2021

P.S. I just realized that in my haste to post before many of us lost our annual honorary Irish status, I neglected to include any automotive content. The aforementioned Seattle dive bar in the mid-Greenwood neighborhood is the Baranoff. Anyone familiar with that place will confirm its diveliness. Every Summer there is the Greenwood Car Show along several of blocks there, and that stretch includes the Baranoff. I used to be able to walk the show in each direction. I must admit that I have walked out of the Baranoff, still having enough sense to walk, rather than drive my car, home. Oh, and thanks to my true Irish citizen friend Pat Dolan who rents me the garage where I used to store my ‘24 Cadillac. You all have seen a number of pictures taken there. It was Pat who introduced me to Eva Cassidy’s “Danny Boy”. I hope all of you enjoy Eva as Pat and I do.    -   CC

My oft-posted picture of the’24 in Pat’s driveway. Not a green car, but then again it is now March 18.

A9AC9E45-756A-4928-9470-F16CA95062B8.jpeg

Edited by C Carl
Add P.S. and picture (see edit history)
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Terry Bond said:

Made in Coventry England, 1912, sold and first registered in County Donegal, Ireland.  It's the 405th vehicle ever registered there.

Owned by a bank robber who brought it to Scotland with him in the very early 1920s.  He worked on a sheep farm until he just vanished, leaving behind the Triumph and most of his meager possessions.   Discovered by a hunting party in the 1950s and acquired by a well-known collector of early motorcycles, who I purchased it from.  We raise glass of "the dew" to all who had a hand in saving it.   I only wish it could talk.

Terry

NATIONAL AWARDS Three Qtr View Other Side resized.jpg

Triumph before-resized.jpg

Terry, did you ever show that bike at the Classis Motorcycle Day at Butlers Orchard?  We used to go every year. I have seen either your bike or one similar there on several occasions. You have me beat by 1 year, our oldest was a 1913 Rudge Multi.

I know I am a day late to the "Green Beer Party", but here is another tune for C Carl.  Doesn't get much more Irish than Van Morrison & the Chieftains!

Thanks Steve Pollard for the surprise picture of the back of my trailer! Sorry no green on it.☺️

God Bless

Bill

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

Edited by Bills Auto Works (see edit history)
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, George Cole said:

Yep!

19 hours ago, dustycrusty said:

Is that Cole engine Detroit Diesel green?

Almost looks like Mopar engine green.

• Like 2

This 1975 Imperial isn't mine, but it was for sale

several years ago on the internet, and I saved two 

pictures.  The color is unusual for the time, and I've

never seen another Imperial/ New Yorker like it.

I would have been tempted to buy it if it was excellent;

but as I recall it had rust or a few too many needs.

Has anyone else seen an Imperial /New Yorker in this color?

1975 Imperial green 1.jpg

1975 Imperial green 2.jpg

• Like 2
On 3/17/2021 at 4:54 PM, J.H.Boland said:

Must be to remove all the sand the hurricanes blow in !

You watch too much Chicken Little news...."The sky is falling....The sky is falling.:

Lived here for 34 years and have never had a direct hurricane hit.  Several brushed by with minimal damage, but no flooding or houses washed away.

• Like 1

Same, only roof damage in 36 years was once from hail.

John S- that triple green color combination was common here (south-central VA) on MoPar products, from compacts thru senior Chryslers and light trucks. Seems I do remember seeing a 70s Imperial, may have been a New Yorker.

1 hour ago, George Cole said:

You watch too much Chicken Little news...."The sky is falling....The sky is falling.:

Lived here for 34 years and have never had a direct hurricane hit.  Several brushed by with minimal damage, but no flooding or houses washed away.

Sorry George. We only get the sensationalized US news here !

Jim

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Green/green was common in GM cars of the late 60s-early 70s. Personally preferred green/saddle which needed a special order.

The story of British Racing Green - in 1902 the Gordon Bennett Cup race was won by the British entrant, S.F. Edge.  That gave the British the rights to host the 1903 race. However, laws existing at that time prevented racing on public streets, and British officials refused to waive that restriction.  The race was moved to Ireland, and the color of the Irish shamrock was chosen as the "official British color."   Ooops-that's properly spelled "colour."  Of course there are is a lot more detail to the story, but that's the quick essence of the origin. 

Terry

• Like 3

I never got to meet him during his all too short life. Walter Miller was such a good friend to so many. A green Cadillac of his was featured in the Cadillac and LaSalle Club magazine, “The Self Starter” , January , 2011. Did any of you, his friends , also know this old Cadillac ? You may have to click into high resolution to read the entertaining article Walter wrote 

E81B5A6F-464C-4563-A426-264523784B96.jpeg

43C6CE09-C747-4B26-9560-093C475450B2.jpeg

733E28DE-6260-478B-8391-028FCCD5E480.jpeg

E047629E-4316-41F4-8E6B-3184CC142A30.jpeg

A7777B87-1C15-4184-AC4B-A75C21EDA5D6.jpeg

E00E73AF-6660-4BDF-8E5D-0E25BBE2A080.jpeg

• Like 3