4 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Very nice! Love it. THANKS

My Doyle / Donahue heritage is coming through today! Might have explained why my first two cars were green.

• Like 1

Clever idea, Steve.  I'd like to see more

members post pictures of their green cars,

or green interiors, to continue your theme.

Here is my 1979 Buick Electra, which I got

specifically for its seldom-seen yellow-green

color.  The top and side moldings are a

mint yellow-green as well, and the interior is

a medium green velour:

1979 Buick Electra mine 2 (2).JPG

1979 Buick Electra mine 2 (7).JPG

• Like 7

To get a green car with saddle interior in '72 took a non-standard order (but then so did the rest of it).

Picture taken when no longer a teenager and lows of tow car miles.

goatwgn.jpg

Edited by padgett (see edit history)
  • Like 4

HSPD! I'm enjoying the images of the green cars. It's a color that is seldom seen today, especially on more modern transportation, unless it's on a Kia Soul. Throughout history It's a color that seems to reappear, for a short time, and then disappear almost as quickly. It's almost as if once the industry mindset on color changes and it becomes dated, and the green cars are the first to go. I suspect that it's among the most polarizing of all the colors. I know it was like that for me. Not so much on my choice of collector cars, but on my choice for a daily driver, where there was enough of a choice that I could be picky. Then for reasons I won't go into, I ended up with one, and I became a convert.

Today when I drive one of my 25yo green daily drivers I seldom see see another. Of course I could say the same for the model I'm driving as well, but today our focus is on green. So long lead up to my question today, how many of you are using a green car for daily transportation?

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII vii thunderbird cougar continental eldorado riviera  for sale - Lincoln Mark Series 1994 for sale in Warren, New Jersey, United  States

• Like 3

I was green before being green was cool.  Cole Car engines are either green, grey or black.  As I'm chipping the black powder coat from the engine of my 1920 touring car, I'm repainting as close to the original green as I've been able to find.

But yes, Ed, I truly am a tractor mechanic.  I've got 6 John Deere garden tractors (1965 110, 1969 112, 1980 212 with blade, 1981 317 with loader and tiller, 1985 318 tiller, and a 1986  430 diesel.  All have mower decks and other attachments such as belly blades, cultivator, plow, etc.  I've got one more loader which I want to mount on the 318 or 430.  I may eventually take the loader off the 317 (arm-strong steering,) and put it on the other power steering tractors (318, or 430,)...another one of my roundtuits.  I've also got a 1978 JD 90 skid loader.

Left Head Installed.jpg

IMG_9244.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

Lexie on 318.jpg

IMG_5056.JPG

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Buffalowed Bill said:

Today when I drive one of my 25yo green daily drivers I seldom see see another. Of course I could say the same for the model I'm driving as well, but today our focus is on green. So long lead up to my question today, how many of you are using a green car for daily transportation?

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII vii thunderbird cougar continental eldorado riviera  for sale - Lincoln Mark Series 1994 for sale in Warren, New Jersey, United  States

Ford calls the color of our 2013 Escape "ginger ale " but it's green to me. See above.

1 hour ago, Buffalowed Bill said:

So long lead up to my question today, how many of you are using a green car for daily transportation?

My daily driver '02 Nissan Altima SE is green.

Nissan calls it mystic emerald.

It was not my first choice when I was looking for a car but the color has definitely grown on me over the years.

Amago1.jpg

• Like 2

I like green! My '67 GTO, my '68 Olds 442 and my '70 Plymouth Duster were all green. My birthday is tomorrow! Missed St. Patrick's day by just a day!

IMG_3388.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

• Like 7
1 hour ago, padgett said:

Snow plow and palm trees ?

Pushed the dirt around when I filled in my pool.  You can see what's left of  my 15x30 inground pool in the background.  It's no longer a hole in the ground I poured money into.

Edited by George Cole (see edit history)
  • Like 1