For Sale: 1956 DeSoto Firedome Seville 2-Door Hardtop -"Drive or restore"- Plano, IL - Not Mine - 5/8, 5/1, 4/28 & 3/29 Reduced - 5/30 Increased - 6/2 Deleted

For sale on Facebook: 1956 DeSoto Firedome Seville 2-Door Hardtop in Plano, IL  -  $11,900  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

On 3/23, Seller reduced price to $11,500

On 3/29, Seller reduced price to $11,000

On 4/28, Seller reduced price to $10,500

On 5/1, Seller reduced price to $10,000

On 5/8, Seller reduced price to $9,999

On 5/30, Seller increased price to $14,999

Link: https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1956-DeSoto-Firedome-Seville

Seller's Description:

1956 DeSoto Firedome Seville 2-Door Hardtop

• Driven 24,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Black
  • Interior color: Green

Running driving car. Drive as is or restore for show. Very rare car, has factory 330 Hemi motor.

No tire kickers no dreamers have your cash ready don’t waste your time or mine.

image.thumb.png.857a907c02c044bbde89488e810f4068.png

image.thumb.png.0a31f74f388b4f346ba412e4d4e3311f.png

image.thumb.png.5711eb10d70e44bb73ce7fbaecdcf63c.png

image.thumb.png.cccae5de8be6898249d3d2ff63987152.png

image.thumb.png.35508c430ff15c65cbd5d8203bfecb6d.png

image.thumb.png.6be8c0f4f523dc9f7db2dfeec577914e.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 DeSoto Firedome Seville 2-Door Hardtop -"Drive as is or restore"- Plano, IL - Not Mine
On 3/17/2021 at 2:01 PM, The 55er said:

The stainless trim around the windshield and on the C pillars is missing. 

I didn't notice the trim around the windshield wasn't there and now I can't avoid noticing it. The C-pillar trim missing doesn't seem objectionable.

Any idea how hard is the windshield trim to source?

I'll preface this by saying I know nothing about this model: The car looks like a decent value if it is solid with original paint.

Edited by CarNicopia (see edit history)

The Firedome Seville was the lower trim line.  The chrome headlight rims and no fender ornaments are different from the Fireflite.  The interior was not fancy - not enough is shown to tell if it is correct or not. This one has the optional clock on top of the dash.  I had one of these cars some time back.  Very nice engine and transmission for the era.  Like any Mopar of the era, no steering feel at all - steering wheel feels as if not connected.  The windshield stainless may be the same as Chrysler as I believe the body is common.  The white face instruments are illegible in sunlight but that's not a big deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 DeSoto Firedome Seville 2-Door Hardtop -"Drive as is or restore"- Plano, IL - Not Mine - 3/29 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 DeSoto Firedome Seville 2-Door Hardtop -"Drive or restore"- Plano, IL - Not Mine - 3/29 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 DeSoto Firedome Seville 2-Door Hardtop -"Drive or restore"- Plano, IL - Not Mine - 4/28 & 3/29 Reduced
10 minutes ago, CarNucopia said:

I DM’d the seller who sent me his cell phone #. I left a message which was not responded to.

Best wishes on the inquiries, CarNucopia. Keep trying...he'll get back to you. The '56 DeSoto two door ht is one of the best looking American cars of the 1950's, IMHO.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CarNucopia said:

I DM’d the seller who sent me his cell phone #. I left a message which was not responded to.

14 hours ago, JamesR said:

Keep trying...he'll get back to you. The '56 DeSoto two door ht is one of the best looking American cars of the 1950's, IMHO.

Reach out to Seller again. Maybe tell him you're seriously interested in the car.  Good luck!

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)

2 hours ago, CarNucopia said:

I reached out when this thread was first started. Now, other shinny objects have my attention. ☺️

Because the Seller never answered your inquiry, he will never know whether or not his car was "the one" for you!  This car could have been sold over six weeks ago.  

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 DeSoto Firedome Seville 2-Door Hardtop -"Drive or restore"- Plano, IL - Not Mine - 5/1, 4/28 & 3/29 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 DeSoto Firedome Seville 2-Door Hardtop -"Drive or restore"- Plano, IL - Not Mine - 5/8, 5/1, 4/28 & 3/29 Reduced

How does this work? The seller reduces the price by one dollar and that is supposed to get some one motivated to purchase this car. Might tip the scales on whether or not to super size those fries, but not on a 10K purchase. 

• Like 3

I've heard that including 9's in a sales price attracts buyers; people perceive $9.99 as being a lot cheaper than $10. I'm pretty sure that would work better with toasters than old cars, but this seller doesn't seem to be on top of the "selling old cars" game in any case.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 10:07 PM, CarNucopia said:

....Now, other shiny objects have my attention. ☺️

In the old days, I believe those objects were called "wampum." Just don't trade any land for them and you'll be OK. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingrudy said:

How does this work? The seller reduces the price by one dollar and that is supposed to get some one motivated to purchase this car. 

3 hours ago, suchan said:

I've heard that including 9's in a sales price attracts buyers; people perceive $9.99 as being a lot cheaper than $10.

We're right to be skeptical about a $1 price

reduction to $9999.  I've heard it said that a

price ending in 999 may catch someone searching

in a particular price range.

But we can think for ourselves, and know that

$9999 is not $9000.  It's really just $10,000 in

disguised form.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 DeSoto Firedome Seville 2-Door Hardtop -"Drive or restore"- Plano, IL - Not Mine - 5/8, 5/1, 4/28 & 3/29 Reduced - 5/30 Increased
On 5/9/2021 at 10:13 PM, 6T-FinSeeker said:

On 5/8, Seller reduced price to $9,999.

7 hours ago, 6T-FinSeeker said:

On 5/30, Seller increased price to $14,999.

How does that work?

"Honey, we've had the car advertised for months.

Five people have looked at the car, but there haven't

been any takers.  Let's raise the price!"

The law of economics tells us that there will be 

even fewer lookers and takers at a higher price.

Maybe he'll find one, but his work will be commensurately harder.

• Like 3

I just bought this for a bag of cash in small bills for 30K

It only took 3 of us four hours to count it

Will be in demo derby this summer

Anyone need the exterior trim LMK as it might get banged up in the derby

write me here: Bob's Big Crash Course in Derby Driving ST Paul, MN

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

The posting that made those statements

I don't regard as credible.  I suspect that

not a single statement there is true.

Damn. I should probably request my tuition to the Derby school be refunded.

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 DeSoto Firedome Seville 2-Door Hardtop -"Drive or restore"- Plano, IL - Not Mine - 5/8, 5/1, 4/28 & 3/29 Reduced - 5/30 Increased - 6/2 Deleted