1933 plymouth pd, pdx

Crazyred

I searched my serial number on ply33's site and noticed something i didn't catch before. When i bought the car i checked the serial number to see if it was a pc or pd. It fell in the range of a pd. Now i checked and noticed the range it fell in is noted as a pdx which was built in Los Angeles. Looks like around 5000 pdx's were built that year. 

Where could this have been shipped?  This week i sent the build record form to fiat historical but not sure if that will tell me where it was originally sold.  Are there any variations that i should look for on the car that signifies it's a pdx other than the serial number?

Thanks Reg, I did as this is the same site I used to look up the serial number.  Ply33 has some info about exports but mainly on the pcxx models. 

I was surprised that it might be an export and curious to know how it ended up back in the states.  That may not ever be known though.  

• 8 months later...

Hi, PC and PD have different instrument panels, I have a PDX which was a Detroit build for a South African order. The build card states that it hit the track 6th September 33 and on the dock 12th September, although it gives the destination dealership it is illegible. Being a S/A order it's Right Hand Drive

Build Card.jpg

This is a PD Instrument cluster

$(KGrHqF,!hsFBZ8ZUCM8BQgTr00-Pw~~60_12.JPG

Tom

DocFile (5A).jpg

Edited by TomP
Upload Chrysler doc (see edit history)