FS 1950 Buick Sdn

Keemosabe

Hi all. So hopefully a little help or advice. Have a 1950 Buick Sdn, clear title, rough condition. I’m an Alfa Romeo guy not a Buick guy so forgive my ignorance of details. Believe it’s a straight 8, last ran in 2013. Been sitting in my father in laws garage since. Looking to get it gone. Located in Delaware County PA. 
Is it worth anything? Most guys I know say “too many Doors!” 🤣. I get that, but maybe the block or tranny for re build. Not sure the miles on it.
Or do we just call the wrecker and get it hauled off? Some pics:

9D061DC1-BF6C-4A90-AFA5-3B9C69073CEB.jpeg

4A4CEC6A-3DAE-4172-B0CA-7CC1D42063DC.jpeg

DA8C47A0-66F5-436D-9193-941B164E473D.jpeg

• Like 1

We may be able to more specifically identify which model it really is-

Maybe help you provide info to aid in a sale.

Look at the rivited tag on the engine side of the firewall - likely passenger side

What is the Model No.?

Model 41 ?

Model 41-D ?

Model 43-D ?

Model 51 ?

Does it say "Special" or "Super"?

Is it 3-speed on the column with a clutch pedal?

or a Dyna-Flow Automatic transmission?

Is the engine frozen, or can it be turned over?

Why was it laid up back in 2013? 

Was there a mechanical issue?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for Ben's irrefutable expertise. 

The Model 51 would be a Super Touring Sedan, weighing in at 3,745 lbs, and with a vase price of $2,139.00, of which, according to Dammann, 55,672 were produced for the 1950 model year on a 121.5" wheelbase - 4" less than the much more popular Super Riviera Sedan (114,745 produced) which had rear quarter windows. As opposed to the Special's 248 ci straight eight, the super got a bored-out 263 ci engine.

Obviously, this car needs a lot of love, but should be worth saving as a driver if not a restoration, at least in my opinion, and as a first impression.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As an intact straight old car I think potential buyers still exist.  Question is how long do you want to market it?  You could start at $895 and see it go quicker, or start at $1,500 and see if someone is OK with that price and if not, drop it $100 a week.  If you have some time. 

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

Because of one piece windshield?  

Jake, the one piece windshield says Super [ or Roadmaster ]. The back door glass says 51.  The Mod 52, Riviera Sedan, has vent glass BEHIND the door in the C panel versus the [ this ] 51 with vent glass IN the door glass  I am not even certain this vent is operational.   Special has NO vent at the back.

Ben

• Like 1

Ok gang. Some more info. Seems it’s a mod 50 51. Haven’t tried to turn the engine. May have had brakes, cylinders maybe some other stuff when it was last running. My brother in law said it needed an accelerator pump. Rockers and bottom of doors are pretty rough. 

4FF1CD72-F2DE-4B98-80C3-8602967AEF0F.jpeg

713C0E34-2392-4826-AEE9-EF07C61287F1.jpeg

Guess now that I have better access to it to see it more clearly, it’s rougher than I originally thought.  Confirmed it’s a manual on the column. Also have verbally been told that the clutch was replaced before the car was parked.  I think the radio (not in the dash) may be around. Looking for it. 

6FD44B93-6E55-4DA1-8A8C-E92F83CDFFB2.jpeg