Ladder frame with X crossmember

hello, thanks for the add. I’m not sure if this post qualifies, I’m posting this purely out of curiosity. I found this Ladder X frame chassis, I pass by it on my daily commute to work. I’ve searched high and low for answers as to what vehicle it belongs to, the only info or parts #’s I can find are on the Armstrong IFS components. The vin tag was on the chassis but it crumbled to pieces as soon as I touched it. I can find similar frames on the internet but not an exact match. The frame is completely boxed in with X type crossmember, the rear diff and front spindles have a 4 bolt wheel stud pattern. It looks to me like someone has removed the body and motor to utilize the chassis as a makeshift firewood or hay trailer hauler. Any help wood be greatly appreciated as I’ve been obsessing over this chassis for the past couple weeks!  If needed I can return to the property and take more pics. 

21E7698E-DA7B-4465-AE3C-A7B2FA9D3783.jpeg

A24200E4-09A1-4376-8EBC-9DDA2994FECB.jpeg

F6E990E7-C384-455C-BE23-9BA3145898FC.jpeg

Almost certainly post war, probably later 1940's - early 1950's . I would expect from one of the British sedans from that period. It's not one I recognise straight away but I have always been much more involved with the British sports cars rather than the sedans.

Greg

• Like 1

I doubt it anything of any real value. Most of the cars of this sort are of quite low value even if complete and close to running. Some of the sportier , low production British "Sports saloon's " can be reasonably valuable , but this frame looks to be from a reasonably small , probably quite ordinary car.

Greg

• Like 1

Thank you, it’s a curiosity post.. it has been driving me nuts not knowing what it belonged to, the obsession got worse when I couldn’t find anything that looks anything like it! 

It looks quite a bit like a 1952 or so Standard Vanguard . Try a few google searches and I think you will see what I mean. Standard Motors is largely overlooked in North America but they were the parent Co. of Triumph , makers of the very successful TR series Sports Cars. TR 3 , TR 4 and TR 6 are the best known , but many others as well. Standard built a lot of " middle of the road  " sedans but the styling was very plain and they did not make much of a dent in the North American market.

• Like 1

After 1912staver pointed me towards the standard Vanguard, it was close but not quite and it pointed me towards Austin A70 Hampshire which was also close but not it as well, the A70 Pointed me at the A40 Devon and Dorset which were also really close damn near bang on. The A40 davon and Dorset pointed me at the A40 Somerset coupe which is nearly identical to the A40 davon and Dorset but had some really small details that the A40 Somerset doesn’t. 
the Somerset seemed to have all the details that I was looking for to compare with.. I really appreciate everyone’s help and suggestions. Thank you!