What is the chassis and motor?

The Lucky Star

I came across this in the hills a few years back and I would like to know what it is.  It has an aluminum hood and you can see the imprint of the emblem on the grille.  The motor looks very similar to a Metzger 4 cylinder.  Please let me know your thoughts.  

Thanks.

Resized_20180811_174250_7501.jpg

Resized_20180811_174302_7059.jpg

Resized_20180812_085216_8142.jpg

• Like 1

I don't think the hood is from this car/chassis. It is too short for that big six. I agree with nzcarnerd, 1915 to about 1918 Studebaker. The vacuum tank would actually suggest 1916 or later. The 1915 built series 16 had the gasoline tank in the cowl, and no vacuum tank.

13 hours ago, The Lucky Star said:

I came across this in the hills a few years back and I would like to know what it is.  It has an aluminum hood and you can see the imprint of the emblem on the grille.  The motor looks very similar to a Metzger 4 cylinder.  Please let me know your thoughts.  

Thanks.

Resized_20180811_174250_7501.jpg

Resized_20180811_174302_7059.jpg

Resized_20180812_085216_8142.jpg

For sure early studebaker. I’m in need for some parts to get a car running. Please let me know if these parts are available. 

4 hours ago, The Lucky Star said:

This was so far back in the hills that I won't get back there for some time.  It is a saw mill.  The back portion has a reciprocating blade (old crankshaft and rod attached to a saw.  

Thanks again for the info.

Where about is it located. 

7 hours ago, GregLaR said:

What is the purpose of the taps/valves  between the spark plugs at each cylinder?

Also if it has to be hand-cranked to start,those can be opened as compression releases and make it a lot easier to crank over. Then as soon as it starts they are quickly shut off of course.

• 2 weeks later...