Best Tour Experience

BobinVirginia

Bob,

The AACA national tours are a moving target.   Hosted by groups around the country, the location is a chance to see different places every year.  You will

find that your Haynes is welcome on tours like the Glidden (Cars pre-WWII)

The Heritage Tour (Usually pre-1916+)   All Divisional Tours.  Plus the

tours sponsored by the VMMCA who has a Nickel Tour for pre-1927 cars. 

Select the age group of partipant cars instead of the location.  The AACA also has tours open to newer cars (25 year & older) The Founders for your modern iron.  Mid Century cars (1928-1958) is the Sentimental Tour.  

We tour in our 34 Ford's in the Glidden and Sentimental Tours, our 66 VW in

the Founders Tour and Divisional Tours.  We no longer own a Heritage car.

Seeing the USA on back roads at 45 MPH or less in cars of similar vintage is

a great way to  see the country and enjoy the cars and the hobby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bob, I am planning the AACA Vintage Tour July 11-16 in north central Pa. Cars 1931 and older are welcome. Final plans are being worked out at this time. Send me an email and I’ll add you to the information list.

Bob Giles

divco100b@icloud.com

CB4FE07B-C6E2-4B05-9B67-58D7D78FFE9B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Does your local AACA Region do tours ??

ours does a Square Car Tour usually every April or so. We line em up oldest to youngest. the route master, makes out a route, usually involves a pit stop somewhere, then we always end up at a place to eat. sometimes we do scavenger hunts, or such, so when we get back to eat you may get a question sheet to answer about things you should see on the route. most of hte time everyone rides with a navigator.

always a good time, and i have always had to take my modern car, as my 1929 is still under restoration. so a few of us take the rear and stop if anyone needs assistance.

• Like 3

I’m still figuring out the tours available. I’m not very familiar with the senior car tours. I’m pretty informed on Hotrod and muscle car events. 

The senior cars have a smaller following here in my area. It’s very rare to see anything other than a T or Model A at a cruise night. I’ve decided that I’ll go to tours as they exist. I’m huge fan of my local car culture. Bootlegging and racecars including some of the fastest street cars in the country!   

However, I’m a fan of everything automotive that’s pre-war American!! I dream of one day having an Underslung to tour with!!! 

Edited by BobinVirginia (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 9:03 PM, BearsFan315 said:

bob, what part of Virginia are you in ??

there are a good amount on AACA regions in our Commonwealth !!  

Sorry I missed your comment! 
Didn’t see it in my notifications? 

I’m in SW Virginia here in the mountains. I’m very close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Mabry’s Mill and The Peaks Of Otter are both within an hour and a half drive. Please let me know of anything in my area!! I’d really enjoy catching up with a group of senior cars and owners!!! 

Sorry for my late reply! 

Sent you a Message Bob

well you are in luck one of the regions for Virginia is the Roanoke Valley Region http://www.roanoke-valley-region-aaca.org/ they are a good region, and have events, take a look at their site and get in contact with them. see what they have on tap for 2021. they are also hosting the ODMA Meet this year out in Natural Bridge, info and schedule is on their site above.

• Like 1

ODMA: Old Dominion Meet Association. Yes, this year's event is being held at Natural Bridge. 

https://odma.aaca.com/2020-odma-meet/

• Like 1