Profile photo difficulty

Hi 

1. am trying to change my profile picture however every time I save the position it puts it upside down. I know I am in Australia, but ........

What do I need to do to correct this?

2. How do I shift a topic from one forum to another without removing the content?

thanks

Rodney

Are you using a Windows based computer?   If you are try the following:

1.  Go to the lower left "Windows" button on your task bar (along the bottom of your screen usually).

2.  Scroll down to Windows Systems folder and double click on the file explorer icon.

3.  In File explorer,  navigate to the picture you are trying to upload and select it.

4.  While the file is selected and you are hovering over it,  right click on your mouse and select the "Open With..." item from the menu.

5.  Select the "Paint" application to open the file with your picture.

6.  My guess is that it will display upside down inside of paint.   Use the rotate button to flip it or rotate to the correct position.   Save the file.

7.  Upload it to the forum again.

Your second question requires a moderator to move your topic from one forum to another,  you can't do it on your own.

Rodney, I fixed your profile picture for you so it is no longer upside down. Pictures get turned upside down when they are uploaded to the forum from time to time. I don't know what causes it. The instructions alsancle gave you are good if you have problems in the future.

• Haha 1

Rodney,  if memory serves me correctly quite a few years ago the Forum Admin explained that the forum would me overloaded with people placing the same request or post in many topic sections.

This made sense to me.  For example:  I want to sell my 1908 Widget for $800k then copy the same "For Sale" advertisement in every single topic arena of the AACA.  It would swamp or basically ruin this service of the AACA.  

I may be wrong so maybe someone in Admin will chime in.

Peter J.

1 hour ago, Peter J.Heizmann said:

Rodney,  if memory serves me correctly quite a few years ago the Forum Admin explained that the forum would me overloaded with people placing the same request or post in many topic sections.

This made sense to me.  For example:  I want to sell my 1908 Widget for $800k then copy the same "For Sale" advertisement in every single topic arena of the AACA.  It would swamp or basically ruin this service of the AACA.  

I may be wrong so maybe someone in Admin will chime in.

Peter J.

Hi Ronnie, many thanks. Much appreciated. 😀😀😀😀

And Peter, you may be right. My initial thought was to post a Buick in Automobiles for Sale Not Mine and also under Buick Buy and Sell but it would double the amount of posts. 

All I need to know is how to transfer my post about a seperate Forum Section for Buick Specials and Skylarks in to the Buick General section. I gather more would read it there than in this help section.

cheers

rodney

41 minutes ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

All I need to know is how to transfer my post about a seperate Forum Section for Buick Specials and Skylarks in to the Buick General section. I gather more would read it there than in this help section.

If you are wanting to move one of your topics and/or posts from one forum category to another, only moderators can do that.

14 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

If you are wanting to move one of your topics and/or posts from one forum category to another, only moderators can do that.

Good point.

Rodney, I advise that you make another "separate subject" request in this forum so your query stands out.  When you request help with 2 queries in one post it makes it somewhat obscure or easy to overlook.