Bumper Identification--Stumped

Cadillac Nut

1 hour ago, Cadillac Nut said:

Yeah you could call them notches. They really made think it was a station wagon rear bumper or some kind of small truck?

The lack of a license plate notch does suggest a wagon, but the GM wagons of that vintage put the tail lights in the bumper, so the light cutouts are much larger. Also, no "notches" on the top.

1979-chevy-malibu-station-wagon-drivers-

What is the width of the bumper?  Small car, midsize, full size?  Any stampings on it?  That number wrote on the back might be of help to someone who re chromes bumpers.  Also, it is possible that the top part of the bumper is covered with rubber to cover the ribs and the face area at the top???  I really am thinking GM of some sort...

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't see your reply before.  This is a small or maybe a medium size bumper.  I think it as 65" long when I measured it,  I'll measure it again as I don't remember and let you know.  I believe it has a 2 or 3 digit number on it.   And yes, I am guessing that top has some sort of rubber or plastic covering to cover the ribs.  I really think it is 80s GM but I am not sure what it is exactly