1973 Citroen wagon, $21,750 or offer. Not mine

It's eBay, so the standard caveats, but this car is fun to look at. I know nothing about these, including the prices, but I'd say the upholstery is kind of a hash. That's how it appears to a novice like me, anyway. The dealer selling it gives a vague description that's kind of a standard boilerplate for everything he sells. 

It's still cool, though. I'd like to take a vacation in one of these. 😉

1973 Citroën Wagon | eBay

04.jpg

38.jpg

06.jpg

16.jpg

39.jpg

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, deaddds said:

Are those cars prone to overheating due to the spare mounted in front of the radiator?

No, the cooling air is ducted from the bottom front of the car.  Look at the rubber ductwork under the spare tire....if you ever get a chance to drive or even ride in a DS, you’ll be amazed how comfortable they are on the road....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deaddds said:

Velour interior?

Looks like pull over seat covers to me. I googled "1973 Citroen interior" and everything I came up with looks far better than this. Interesting, because the rest of the car looks pretty presentable.

This is such a brutal place to put a car for sale, even if “not mine”.  Maybe more so, in fact, since negative comments  might never get back to owner.  I’m not sure I like comments on cars for sale, and really think they should be not allowed.  Rarely positive, mostly negative, and for what purpose?

When your widower or widow lists your nineteen googalty super eight Whatsit for sale, you want all this negative feedback, from a bunch of car guys sitting at their computers?  No, you want honest offers and realistic advice.

The DS Citroen is one high on the list of the best cars ever built.  I’m not talking Classics, I mean road cars. I mean a car designed with driver and passengers in mind.  I mean a car you can get in, have it wrap around you, and drive all day in comfort.  I’ve done it, and if you get the chance, see how the French strived to make life effortless.  One can criticize all day long, but unless you’ve owned one, it’s just dust in the wind.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I figure the "Beverly Hills Car Club" asking prices are double what they paid, and sometimes much more than double. They do have some I might be interested in, but priced way too high.

They are asking $24,750 for this

Used 1936 Mercedes-Benz 170 Coupe | Los Angeles, CA

And $9750 for this, which I had the chance to get a much better one without all the rust for $4,000

Used 1967 BMW 2000  | Los Angeles, CA