Any One Driving Their Car Today?

TAKerry

No old cars on my brief outing today just a couple of people on motorcycles with big grins on their faces.  Early next week there is snow shower in the forecast.  Typical spring weather in PA.

• Like 1

If you live where the weather is always fine for driving you may not realize how much a 65 degree day in March feels to enjoy.  Here in SE PA it may exceed 70 tomorrow.  That’s a cause to celebrate for us!  

• Like 4

I was able to get my 29 Model A out for a bit on Sunday afternoon. Several people had to get a look at the gas house. A father, his son, and his sons 2 sons were all over it. Made me feel good. The first son told me he thought the car would be a lot louder than it was. He said he didn't even know it was running when he walked up. I guess I'll wake up the old Corvette this coming weekend and let it stretch it's legs. BTW, premium non ethanol gas here is now $3.53 per gallon. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Morgansdad said:

I was able to get my 29 Model A out for a bit on Sunday afternoon. Several people had to get a look at the gas house. A father, his son, and his sons 2 sons were all over it. Made me feel good. The first son told me he thought the car would be a lot louder than it was. He said he didn't even know it was running when he walked up. I guess I'll wake up the old Corvette this coming weekend and let it stretch it's legs. BTW, premium non ethanol gas here is now $3.53 per gallon. 

Friend sent me this picture while he was filling up today in Ca.

Image preview

It is currently snowing at my sierra foothills home in Califunny! Second day this week. I took the modern all wheel drive to the store and got propane to keep warm. It was getting heavy but I made it home fine without taking the trouble to put on the chains. An hour later, I would have needed the chains!

All good. We need the water.

• Like 1

Had the 53 pontiac out sunday and tuesday... about 40 miles each trip. These were my first road miles since this rebuild started 7 years ago.. no issues so far... pretty happy about that.. car is not complete, but roadable !!!! Couldn't  resist the 65* day here in york pa usa

• Like 2

I really wanted to get the 51 F1 out yesterday, 62 and sunny.

I resisted the urge. Still too much salt residue on the roads; need a couple of good rains before I venture out.

Today is supposed to be 60 and rain.

Soon. Very soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 64avanti said:

I really wanted to get the 51 F1 out yesterday, 62 and sunny.

I resisted the urge. Still too much salt residue on the roads; need a couple of good rains before I venture out.

Today is supposed to be 60 and rain.

Soon. Very soon.

Weve had a couple of good rain storms so the roads are washed off about as good as their gonna be. Looks like record temps around here today, If I get my finished early today might be time for a short cruise.

• Like 2

MGB Gt on the road today for lunch with some car Club friends. Going to join a small group Sat for a run thru  the countryside down to Elizabeth City NC.  Friday I plan to get the rest out including the 14 T, the 48 MGTC and the GTO. Gotta gas some up while it's still cheap. Henry world roll over in his grave if he saw it took over $20 to Gas up the T.

But - what price is fun??? 

Terry

• Like 2

I had the '86 Park Ave convertible out yesterday, parked at the boat launch and took an hour walk along the Erie Canal towpath.

013.thumb.jpg.345c441ff78f6f65f1d7f01cebf2f838.jpg

Then came home and took the '94 Impala out for coffee in the afternoon.

I am old enough to not worry about salt dust like I would if I was 30.

Today was just as nice, got the towpath walk in but no cars out. Winter comes back tomorrow.

• Like 2

Pee Dee Run To The Sun in Myrtle Beach. Got canceled twice last year. My car sat 12 year and I was challenged January of 2019 to have it ready by March of that year! 
Thrashed on what was an 1/8 mile car for a roadtrip. I made it there and back! Funnest road trip of my life!!! 
Number 4 was rod knocking amongst other problems on the way home. Fed it 20/50 and made it home. I changed the motor, springs, sway bars, shocks, radiator, electric fans, etc etc for 2020 only to get cancelled! 

I’m super excited for next week!! My 60 year old friend put me up to it and His Nova went with my Impala!! He’s had it since 1979 and had never taken it out of the state. I’ve had my car 25 years and I’m 44 and we’re both attached to these old cars! 

1E626687-FA02-44D7-9873-D326B91831BB.jpeg

0E93B8C7-2EC6-4A5C-BE84-44AA1F3BF3B9.jpeg

7F4D8A36-8D51-448D-B13D-C20BAE57C07B.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BobinVirginia said:

I’m ready for some senior car touring now!!! My Haynes should be a blast!!

Hurry up and fix that thing!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Hurry up and fix that thing!

It’s going the route of the White if I can get the engine free! I’ll be making a post when I get it to my home shop. It’s not gonna be spectacular but original and fun!!! 
That’s all I want from the old Haynes, fun!

1 minute ago, BobinVirginia said:

I got some 5:38 Richmonds for a 55-64 Chevy rear if anyone is interested! 
🤣🤣🤣

My wife often says my rear needs a good boost so if the 5:38s help I would be interested.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've had all but my centenarian running, but was waiting for my muddy driveway to dry up. First one out yesterday doesn't quite count in this circle. Took the '99 Jeep Sahara for a run. It's already a rarity in these parts. No rust.

IMG_1871.JPG

• Like 3