1956 Buick Super Convertible -With 1967 title

This car has been in my family since the 1960s. My grandfather purchased it for the engine/transmission which was transplanted into a pickup in the late 1960s. It was not titled by my grandfather, but he bought it from the original owner. Has been sitting since the motor and transmission was removed. Located in the dry northern Nevada desert and has very little serious rust. Let me know if you would like to see additional pictures. Open to offers. Email me questions at gpgofast at gmail dot com

We just located the 1967 Nevada State Certificate of Ownership from when my grandfather purchased the car.

20160228_094544.jpg

Edited by gpgofast
Added Title Information (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I am open to offers. Someone cut a hole in the door (my brother in about 1980). What you see is what is there. Top frame is there retracted. I will be posting additional pictures after this weekend.

• Like 3
  • gpgofast changed the title to 1956 Buick Super Convertible -With 1967 title

If this was a 57 or 58 I would've picked up the phone before I took my next breath.  Unfortunately I have no parts or cars to interchange with this.

• Like 2

I will offer $100 cash. I need 12 months maximum to remove.  I need time to locate 4 wheels, buy 4 tires, time to come and unseize the brakes, buy a steering wheel to see if it can be turned, pay a transporter $1500 + to transport to Iowa, buy an appropriate drivetrain, steering column, seat core, etc.  

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

I will offer $100 cash. I need 12 months maximum to remove.  I need time to locate 4 wheels, buy 4 tires, time to come and unseize the brakes, buy a steering wheel to see if it can be turned, pay a transporter $1500 + to transport to Iowa, buy an appropriate drivetrain, steering column, seat core, etc.  

I think someone restoring a 1956 Super or Roadmaster convertible would see a lot more value in it than that. I don't see the need to locate any parts to move the vehicle as I'm pretty sure the seller would have or could arrange equipment to load the remains on your trailer.  A Tilttray will drag it on and haul it right out of there.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

I'm not as up on 1956 values, but if it was a 57 or 58 I'd pay $3500 just from these pictures for the chrome, sheetmetal, and convertible top parts.  Realistically though, I would probably buy a coupe parts car and save it.

• Like 3

I understand all that but it can be restored not parted out.  Hopefully it can be saved and not parted out, but gosh I guess if it is parted out to save one of the many cars being restored, gosh, I understand.  

Edited by B Jake Moran
Offended 2carb40 and Lance (see edit history)
22 hours ago, lancemb said:

I'm not as up on 1956 values, but if it was a 57 or 58 I'd pay $3500 just from these pictures for the chrome, sheetmetal, and convertible top parts.  Realistically though, I would probably buy a coupe parts car and save it.

You are correct.

Edited by B Jake Moran
Offended 2carb40 and Lance (see edit history)
23 hours ago, 50jetback said:

I think someone restoring a 1956 Super or Roadmaster convertible would see a lot more value in it than that. I don't see the need to locate any parts to move the vehicle as I'm pretty sure the seller would have or could arrange equipment to load the remains on your trailer.  A Tilttray will drag it on and haul it right out of there.  

You make a good point.  

Edited by B Jake Moran
Offended 2carb40 (see edit history)
On 3/14/2021 at 8:23 PM, gpgofast said:

PXL_20210313_213417250.jpg

PXL_20210313_213436052.jpg

PXL_20210313_213414116-1.jpg

Wonderful! We definitely wont be seeing high volumes of ads for sale here with uninvolved folks giving unsolicited opinions like the novels below! Jeesh!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, 2carb40 said:

Wonderful! We definitely wont be seeing high volumes of ads for sale here with uninvolved folks giving unsolicited opinions like the novels below! Jeesh!

I apologize, and have removed my comments.  Thank you for the criticism.  

I can say this 2carb40 - I have located and found many FREE cars for other hobbyists or paid for cars for new hobbyists so they could get into the hobby.  It's an expensive hobby.  I made my argument about why I was offering $100.  We all know this car is either going to 1. remain where it is, 2. be parted out and the balance crushed, or 3. restored and added to the gene pool.   To have 3 or 4 BCA members come on and say that the car is worth much more is why we are where we are today.  

Again I apologize for providing counterpoint to why I believe the car can and should be restored, not crushed.   

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

I apologize, and have removed my comments.  Thank you for the criticism.  

I can say this 2carb40 - I have located and found many FREE cars or paid for cars for new hobbyists so they could get into the hobby.  It's an expensive hobby.  I made my argument about why I was offering $100.  I have more, in retirement savings and such, but we all know this car is either going to 1. remain where it is, 2. be parted out and the balance crushed, or 3. restored and added to the gene pool.   To have 3 or 4 BCA members come on and say that the car is worth much more is why we are where we are today.  

Again I apologize for providing counterpoint to why I believe the car can and should be restored, not crushed.   

My hope is the car is sold to someone that has plans to restore. I think an actual title makes that more probable. As a side note, my grandfather bought this car in 1967...I was born in 1964. I do not have a memory of this car NOT being here. It would be great to see it on the road some day.

• Like 5

I have all the missing parts to restore it and have high hopes.  I found the owner to be fair, friendly and engaging.  The Super has always had a soft spot for me.  The car has a neat back story.  

Thank you for the time you have invested to save it.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Auburncoupe said:

I have all the missing parts to restore it and have high hopes.  I found the owner to be fair, friendly and engaging.  The Super has always had a soft spot for me.  The car has a neat back story.  

Thank you for the time you have invested to save it.

I am glad you bought it and it is going to be restored.  

• Like 1

Glad someone rescued this car. It is in very good shape considering it’s storage for the past 50 plus years. 
I would love to have restored this, but I haven’t finished my 55 Super Convertible restoration. I got excited when I saw it. 
Steve

6 hours ago, FireballV8 said:

Glad someone rescued this car. It is in very good shape considering it’s storage for the past 50 plus years. 
I would love to have restored this, but I haven’t finished my 55 Super Convertible restoration. I got excited when I saw it. 
Steve

I hope the floor is okay, just sitting on the ground for 50 years.

If the floors are bad I have two full floor sections with cowl corners and rocker panel assemblies.  Out west the convertibles sitting out typically have some floor rot but rarely are full replacements.  It will be a great project to tackle.  

• Like 4

Hi Auburncoupe

Where are you located? This will be a very nice project. From the pictures Greg sent me it looks like a solid car. 

Good luck with the project, it will be very rewarding. 

Steve

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

G

Glen and his son Jonathan came and got the car today...took some farmer ingenuity to get it safely loaded. Couldn't get the front wheels to break (brake) free...rear wheels started rolling once it was on the trailer. Frame and floor plans have only surface rust after sitting for 54 years on the ground. Once in the air, the car is SOLID....

PXL_20210424_171822104.jpg

PXL_20210424_170512139.jpg

Underneath....

PXL_20210424_171706671.jpg

Nice to see it going down the road....

PXL_20210424_181343491.jpg

Edited by gpgofast (see edit history)
  • Like 6
49 minutes ago, Pete Phillips said:

That's a serious fork lift!!!!!!

Hay squeeze...used for loading alfalfa bales onto semi trucks. Works really well on 1956 Super Convertibles also....

• Like 1

Thank you,

To you and your family for the opportunity to restore the '56.  Jon and I had a great time!  I was very grateful for the help with the hay loader.  I was not looking forward to the hard grind of pulling up the car by hand.  Done in the past but %$%#@$^  it is hard.  Kudos to the loader and owner!! 

My grandson Andy love it so for now it looks as if Jon and his boy are the caretakers.  Jon promised me he would finish it so I have given him all of the parts needed to finish it.  I even had a power seat assembly set back so now he can add power seat to match up to the power windows.  I asked him for a weeks worth of coffee for the parts and driving rights when it is complete.  Smart kid.  He agreed....

He cleaned out the floors/trunk and as we all suspected NO ROT!!  Good old western desert cars!  Jon is a high end automotive painter and body man in my brother's shop so it is in worthy hands.  I provided an early take off 322 engine with a 4barrel and Dynaflo with less than 20k miles.  I pulled it out of a wreck in 1978 and have had it "pickled" in a building.  It should make a great drivetrain for the convertible.

Thank you so much to you and your family!!  We will keep you updated. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The car is in my Driveway. My Son and I are excited to tear into it. We are very happy and thankful to be able to work on this car! Truly a dream come true. I would like to thank Gregg and his Family for selling us this car! I am going to be needing some advice for this old Girl so if anybody would be willing to call or text me to give me some direction I would appreciate it. My cell phone number is 208-731-7783. My name is Jonathan. Thank you very much! 

20210425_154031.jpg.54697d10d688b0c110dcc564b1c6750d.jpg

• Like 3