[Rescheduled, See Thread] Is Anybody Else Thinking About The 2021 ROA Convention?

J3Studio

Sorry to hear this BUT I know it’s for the best.  See U in ‘22.

I’m hoping that when 2022 gets here there will be such a longing for an ROA meet that this next meet in Branson will have need for an overflow hotel.  Lots of fun things to do and see in Branson and the area.  For example, Silver Dollar City is a unique theme park combining Ozark crafts and food with modern thrill rides.  

Ed

8 hours ago, Y-JobFan said:

The shot is not full proof and they are still unclear if the vaccine will protect the new morphings of the virus.  So keeping large gathering curtailed and continuing the vaccination process is the only way it's going to put a halt to it

Actually, the latest is that the vaccines are doing very well against all the known strains. Hopefully we can keep ahead of it and keep away from each other until it's eradicated.

I’m sure that you’re old enough to have gotten the polio vaccine. I got it when I was in the 1st grade (I think) but there were two kids in our small school who had it, and I had a 2nd cousin who had it.  Wonder if the anti-vaccers ever think about that.  

5 hours ago, RivNut said:

I’m sure that you’re old enough to have gotten the polio vaccine. I got it when I was in the 1st grade (I think) but there were two kids in our small school who had it, and I had a 2nd cousin who had it.  Wonder if the anti-vaccers ever think about that.  

Could be folks do not want the vaccine for fear or religious reasons. I thought the same regarding polio shots. My parents made the decision for my brother and I to have the polio shots. I think Americans had more trust in our government in the mid 1950’s.

Turbinator

• Like 1

After careful consideration, I'm still going to go to Branson Thursday thru Sunday that week......I'm sick and tired

of not going anywhere and hiding out at my house! I'm going to pretend that the meet is still going on, although

I will be leaving the Riviera at home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Turbinator said:

Could be folks do not want the vaccine for fear or religious reasons. I thought the same regarding polio shots. My parents made the decision for my brother and I to have the polio shots. I think Americans had more trust in our government in the mid 1950’s.

Turbinator

Bob......the polio vaccine gave me a mild case of polio when I was a kid....been there and done that and I don't do vaccines anymore.

Anybody that wants my jab can have it.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 9:47 PM, RivNut said:

Sorry to hear this BUT I know it’s for the best.  See U in ‘22.

I’m hoping that when 2022 gets here there will be such a longing for an ROA meet that this next meet in Branson will have need for an overflow hotel.  Lots of fun things to do and see in Branson and the area.  For example, Silver Dollar City is a unique theme park combining Ozark crafts and food with modern thrill rides.  

Ed

Ed , I hope you're right about the turnout next year.  We have another year to wrench and polish our Rivieras for the show.

Kevin

1 hour ago, kegart said:

Ed , I hope you're right about the turnout next year.  We have another year to wrench and polish our Rivieras for the show.

Or finally acquire one …

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Turbinator said:

Turbinator

I saw a documentary on the distribution of polio vaccines and there were a lot of the same issues as today. You can thank the 1950's equivalent of Qanon, the John Birch Society for that. It took a push from religious leaders getting vaccinated to get the public behind it. The more things change ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 9:30 AM, Seafoam65 said:

Bob......the polio vaccine gave me a mild case of polio when I was a kid....been there and done that and I don't do vaccines anymore.

Anybody that wants my jab can have it.

Winston, when a person gets a terrible effect like getting a mild case of polio after getting the vaccine I’d be wary too. My experience with vaccines and medicine has made my life better. When I had joint surgeries and I was on opioids I found the pain went away, but the side effects were not good at all. Fortunately, we can choose what we want and what we don’t want.

Turbinator

• 4 weeks later...

Good day.

Not sure what the problem is, and maybe I'm not up on the latest news, (I lead a sheltered life...) but most have known for a long time that there is no cure for this "CarOwner" virus everyone has been talking about...

• Like 1