Straightening and truing steel wheels

Guy on an Olds forum has a 1949 convertible that has bent original steel wheels. Anyone know of or can recommend someone who can straighten and true them? In New England area would be great.

Problem was discovered when mounting and attempting to balance new repro tires. My own thought is those tires aren't completely blameless, but the fellow wants the car to be right.

I did a very quick simple search for you,but I repeatly state that one should on their OWN at least try to actually look! 

"Dent Wizard "in Bloomfield Connecticut ..offeres a variety of services..one is wheel straightening.

There are others around.

You will have to look them up..on your own....no disrespect .I believe you can do it..I have faith in YOU!😀

I spent some time googling "steel wheel straightening and truing" before making my original post but all I found were aluminum/alloy wheel services. That's why the qualifier "steel" is in the thread title.

The 49 owner has discovered that 3 of the 4 tires have issues and has changed directions.

• Like 1

I know none of those aluminum wheel outfits advertise working on steel, but you should ask. Maybe some of them can. I have had steel wheels straightened at Sound Wheel Works of Bellevue WA with excellent results.

I also did an intense search for steel wheel straightener services.  One firm offered to help but cold not guarantee their results.  Another guy I found said he would just beat the thing into submission.  I tried a couple techniques myself using the weight of the car, but with no success.  This is a great question because I've been scrapping slightly bent, rare wheels.