We are all older, Did you get the shot ???

We are all older, Did you get the shot ????

I made the vaccine appointment .... I was on hold forever....

I finally got through, and went to the vaccine site....

I was on line for FIVE Hours.... I finally got to the front of the line....

And, lo and behold, NO Tequila, NO Jack Daniels..... I LEFT !!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In our state they have a list of dates that detail when your age comes up and the counties do the work.

I got on my county website and was in line and shot up the third day after I was old enough. Didn't even have to get out of the car.

Hope the second dose goes as easily.

I'm not planning to get the shot, aka vaccine. I don't trust what our government is pushing. They ran this thing thru too fast to know what if any side effects may be associated with it. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I just don't trust it. During this entire thing, I was only out of work for 2 weeks and that's only because the auto makers were closed to making new cars. (I am what they call essential). The only benefit from this is while a lot of my friends were signing up for unemployment and making $900.00 per week, I was actually working and making around $750.00 per week. Only in America !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The wife and I have had both doses of the vaccine. We got them for two reasons. 1) We've had two family friends die of COVID, one 60, the other 34.      2) My wife's disorder gives her an 11% survival rate if she gets it. She got the vaccine for herself, I got it for her. No side effects to speak of, though after the second dose we had a strong urge to buy Microsoft stock. Weird.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Wife I have had both shots, no side effects other than a mildly sore arm for a day. Got them at Bristol Dragway, 30 minutes from when we pulled off the highway till we were pulling out including a 15 minute (really 20 I checked) to be sure we were ok. Second shot took 50 minutes from when we pulled in till we pulled back on the highway. Never had to get out of the car. I measured how long the loops were for when they were busy and they had 1.7 miles of space for a line after we pulled off the highway. The first week or so they had lines all the way out and down the side of the highway.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, bdc said:

For anyone who didn't get the shot (not a vaccine, its essentially gene-therapy). Here's some info that big pharma & media doesn't want you to know. Sadly I know more people who died from the "vaccine" than who died of covid.

https://www.deconstructingconventional.com/post/18-reason-i-won-t-be-getting-a-covid-vaccine

Facebook says not to believe this because there is an inaccuracy in it,    but they won't say what.

On 3/7/2021 at 2:43 PM, Morgansdad said:

I'm not planning to get the shot, aka vaccine. I don't trust what our government is pushing. They ran this thing thru too fast to know what if any side effects may be associated with it. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I just don't trust it. During this entire thing, I was only out of work for 2 weeks and that's only because the auto makers were closed to making new cars. (I am what they call essential). The only benefit from this is while a lot of my friends were signing up for unemployment and making $900.00 per week, I was actually working and making around $750.00 per week. Only in America !

Vaccine.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

My politics are somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun, that said, I took my shots. Simple fact, the most benefit to mankind in modern medicine is vaccination..........much more important than antibiotics, modern surgery, ect, ect,ect. 

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Bleach said:

With the flu you still have a better than 99% chance of recovering in most cases. You have a higher chance of developing blood clots with any of the shots. Those clots can lead to strokes and heart attacks.

Actually this is not the flu, and for those of us over 65 the death rate has been higher than 1%.  So far the death rate from blood clots for vaccinated has been around one in a million.  Both my wife (Factor 5) and myself (SVD) have blood clotting conditions and yes we have had our Covid-19 vaccinations both for ourselves and for our community.  

6 minutes ago, edinmass said:

My politics are somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun, that said, I took my shots. Simple fact, the most benefit to mankind in modern medicine is vaccination..........much more important than antibiotics, modern surgery, ect, ect,ect. 

This has nothing to do with politics, it is simply common sense and health decisions, some people make good ones others not so much.  Bad decisions are not a badge of honour in most universes. 

• Like 5

Yes, my wife and I got both Pfizer shots.  Slight headache and tired for one day after the second one.  Several friends and younger relatives (daughter & granddaughters both got the WuFlu.  They were all extremely sick for almost 2 weeks, but recovered.  With our advancing age and other potentially complicating medical conditions, getting the shots was a no-brainer. 

No, we don't eat hot dogs or McNuggets either.  And we still wear masks most everywhere we go to lessen the chance of spreading the disease as even though we now believe we are protected, we realize others around us choose not to be.

Now that I'm protected, I'm ready for Hershey.  Bring it on.

Edited by George Cole (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Can someone say today for 100% certainty that there will be a Hershey flea market in 2021 in PA? I am sure anyone who wants to be vaccinated will be by then. If not, the vaccine is not giving us the protection as advertised. I have had the vaccine.

Let's just keep the first post by the thread starter. I initially missed the spirit and intention of the original post and got caught up with the replies.

We can all feel quite strongly on either side of this issue. I have no problem with deleting my posts and avoid any potential banning.

4 hours ago, hwellens said:

Can someone say today for 100% certainty that there will be a Hershey flea market in 2021 in PA? I am sure anyone who wants to be vaccinated will be by then. If not, the vaccine is not giving us the protection as advertised. I have had the vaccine.

I'm really looking forward to Hershey 2021, I have my hotel booked.  My one concern at this point is that a large majority of attendees are vaccinated so we all protect each other. IMO this is not a big ask and as I stated earlier it is not political, it is more moral.

• Like 2

I know this thread is well meaning,  but there are lots of places not on a car discussion board to talk health and politics.

It is only going to cause problems.

There are more than a few guys on here that I enjoy talking cars with but when the discussion strays it goes badly.

IMO this thread is in the Humor & Interest section of the site.  Gatherings both small and large are a big part of our hobby, so anything to do with them is on target as a subject.  Providing information without personal attacks is what this forum is all about

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first dose last week. I am a bit younger and finally qualified in my state. Made an appt. over the computer, picked a date and time. Showed up 5 minutes before my time which was 10:08 am. Walked into the building by 10:07 I had my shot. Wait 15 min in the next room and BAM, it was done. I was a bit more tired than usual and went to bed about an hr or so earlier that night. My arm was sore the next day. Other than that nothing. My wife went in the same time. She was about the same as me.  2 weeks until our next shot. I cant wait.  I too, am not 100% sure of the effectiveness, but can only hope for the best.

This past nov I got a flu shot for the first time. This past winter is the first in about 5 yrs I have not been bed ridden sick. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...