1925 duplex roadster trunk or rumble seat?

I need help with a problem.  The back end sheet metal was cut out of the body. I suspect, to make it haul more like a truck. I need details of how the rain channel was shaped and details of how the latch worked.  I don't even know if it was a trunk or a extra seat. There was a set of hinges mounted onto the wooden crossmember at the front of the opening. There is also a section of sheet steel flange about 1/2 inch larger than the trunk hole that nails in there somewhere.  The temporary spruce framing is to hold the body in shape so after I weld the new panel in place things will fit. 

I am also looking for instrument cluster or gages.  It looks like it was bolted on from the back of the dash panel as a unit.

IMG_6626.JPG

IMG_6647.JPG

IMG_6656.JPG

IMG_6655.JPG

Edited by Wwm
wrong photo (see edit history)

Thank you all for the insight.  Now I require details of trunk, latch and rain flanges around the opening.  Does anyone have pictures or can take pictures?  I am going to built these parts and as well look like the original.

You should check with the museum for the body prints.  I have bought the full sized prints to scale from the museum for 29, 31 and 35 presidents.  And have seen prints there for earlier bodies so you might be in luck.   The prints will show the details you are asking about.  

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if these will help? They are from a late 1922 light six trunk. The metal edge of the trunk area is a separate piece screwed into the wood. It sticks up slightly above rest of body metal and the trunk has a curved lip that hangs over it. By 1925 they may have gotten more sophisticated.

image000002.jpg.931ec113ba5d98f8052cee0763aaadbb.jpgimage000000.jpg.4bfa49a0882737902b7d118b07c8a73c.jpgimage000001.jpg.a5ba5f05eaf332aec546733a8a01d5fe.jpg

Thanks for the reply.  I don't think mine is like that as I have a short section of what arrears to be a rain gutter that nails between the flange on the body tub and the wood support. The gutter piece is about 1/8 inch larger than the trunk hole in the body.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Thanks for the picture.  the body and boot area on my is about the same. Could you post pictures with the boot open to display the inner flanges of the body and outside detail of the boot cover.  I need to fabricate the cover and edge of opening in body and I would like use original design.  See my second photo on previous post.