Spring Interchangability

Looking at a bunch of Moog part #'s on carparts.com. For 1973 Electra, they list a Moog rear spring #5549 and a Moog Cargo spring #CC641. For a 1972 Electra, they list a Moog rear spring #55xx, a Moog HD rear spring #5549 (same as reg. '73), and a Moog Cargo spring #CC611. My question is: would the CC611 fit the '73 as well. I'm guessing they went to a standard heavier spring in '73 and the change in cargo #'s just reflects that change too. So the CC611 might be a little weaker than the CC641, but it still would heavier than the 5549's, therefore I could put the CC611's in my car. Is my reasoning correct?

Why not call Moog. I did this several years ago for springs for my Wildcat. They had a technical hot line a 800 number. I talked to an advisor for 20 minutes, he came up with a replacement spring of the correct height and weight load. Gave me a part number. Perfect fit.<BR>You may have to hunt around for the phone number, but it's worth it.<P>Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com

Guest grisby

The number for MOOG is 800-325-8886, Like palbuick says--they are very helpful and will spend time with you in the phone. HTH<BR>bill g