No Bill, the grapevine apparently has either too many grapes on it or it is broken!  Our GOAL is to have an annual convention this year...hope to know in the next week.  We do have an idea of what to do.

• Like 2

Nope, I know what you are guessing but the convention cannot be booked in Pennsylvania due to indoor regulations at his time....guess again! :)  Ed, you are worrying me that is the second time in 24 hours that I have had to correct you! :) 

• Haha 1

Some websites rank states on the severity

of their restrictions.  In one ranking, 

South Carolina is near the top in the

least-restrictive class.  I'm sure our national

employees and elected officers are pondering

things like this right now.

Sunshine of Myrtle Beach, perhaps, for a 

springtime National Convention?

Steve-you could make this some kind of contest and raise some bucks.

"...nuthin would be finer than to be in Carolina in the spring time...."

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Nope, I know what you are guessing but the convention cannot be booked in Pennsylvania due to indoor regulations at his time....guess again! :)  Ed, you are worrying me that is the second time in 24 hours that I have had to correct you! :) 

Ok, south of there over the state line then. That location could accommodate WELL more than the usual banquet attendance number (based on 50% capacity restrictions currently in place in that state) AND provide housing as well. Availability might be the big question.  Your turn to guess now Steve  😁

We have a multitude of proposals in already and are assembling a spread sheet to be able to review the pros and cons of each.  The Convention will be an abbreviated one compared to Philadelphia but we envision judging schools, a couple of seminars, general membership meeting and our awards banquet.  We have a plan for Friday night for a special event. Sadly, a few events will most likely go away do to space availability, costs, etc. We can say that we are Southern bound at this time!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

I have it on very good authority the meeting is now scheduled at Steve's house. It's going to be limited to 600 members. Social distancing will be interesting, as he only has 1 1/2 bathrooms. Personally, I would like to thank Steve for volunteering to host and bankroll the entire event. On behalf of the membership......THANKS STEVE for all you do. Question? How much does it cost for 600 prime rib dinners? 🤔

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, edinmass said:

I have it on very good authority the meeting is now scheduled at Steve's house. It's going to be limited to 600 members. Social distancing will be interesting, as he only has 1 1/2 bathrooms. Personally, I would like to thank Steve for volunteering to host and bankroll the entire event. On behalf of the membership......THANKS STEVE for all you do. Question? How much does it cost for 600 prim rib dinners? 🤔

Arby's caters?

12 minutes ago, Terry Bond said:

Arby's caters?

Arby’s is a bit red neck for Steve...........he is after all, from the Berkshires. I just hope he doesn’t serve sushi!

2 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Ed, words fail me.... :) 

Just having fun............I guess I will owe you lunch when you come south next time. No Oldsmobile’s here to take you for a ride........so you will have to settle for one of our loaners in the museum.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
On 3/5/2021 at 4:28 PM, Steve Moskowitz said:

Ed, words fail me.... :) 

Steve......you were the subject of our weekly drive a car to breakfast this morning. It seems the very nice lady and her daughter who joined us for the morning drive know you very well.......for a long time. We learned lots of new things about you...........see seems to agree with us that your a great guy................and she wanted me to be sure I tell you the museum and tour were very enjoyable. 👍

Edward, first I am glad these days find you in good spirits but after a long tour in a Duesenberg you should be!  I imagine it is easier to be in good humor in Florida than Pennsylvania in the winter! The lady in question is a pretty special and fun person.  Hopefully she was wearing her World Series ring!  Glad they got to come over to see the collection, I told her she was going to be astounded!  As to being a great guy, well, you can fool some of the people....  Thanks for showing them around...her brother will be happy as well.  

• Like 1

As a North Carolinian, I would rather see the Convention postponed again, than have it get a lot of members 

sick.  While we've had both vaccinations,  We're in a small minority.   Just south of us, South Carolina has one of

the worst records on Corona Virus control in the country.   There are just to many people who still think it's all

a hoax and refuse to mask up or get the vaccine.   We're not alone, what watch what happens during spring

break and ask if you want those young people waiting on you at a big meeting?

We can wait until it's safe.  (Hopefully soon!)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just checked the list of states that exceed the 5% positive tested infection rate for Covid.

Looks like we might have a long wait to find a reasonably safe place to re-schedule the Annual Meeting.

Florida is wide open......100 percent.  Hotel rates are very favorable, as are flights. Come on down! Love to have the meeting here, 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Florida is wide open......100 percent.  Hotel rates are very favorable, as are flights. Come on down! Love to have the meeting here

Typhoid Eddie, we've all been watching Spring Break in Florida, and I'm afraid to see the surge resulting therefrom....