1930 Windsor white prince.

Dj59

Over the weekend I picked up a 1930 Windsor white prince 8-92. I know this car is not currently accepted by CCCA. The car meets or exceeds the criteria in my opinion. 
88hp 8cyl Warner hiflex 4sp transmission etc. the Windsors brother, the Ruxton is considered ccca. Would anyone know the easiest/best route to apply for this car to be accepted? 

946513B5-3620-48D7-9BF2-666BB15BC708.jpeg

325274A1-8553-4C46-AA05-AF8276D3968B.jpeg

• Like 2

IIRC, the styling was by Hibbard & Darrin done under contract.  The Windsor 8-92 was successor to the Moon 8-80, chassis spec's are the same as they were both built by Moon Motor Company of St. Louis.  You might check with the CCCA Classification Committee, the Windsor likely has already been considered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As a source to get a good, broad overview of pre-war automotive history, a copy of The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1805-1942. edited by Beverly Rae Kimes and Henry Austin Clark Jr, published by Krause Publications is unparalleled. 

• Like 1

If you go to this page:

https://www.classiccarclub.org/approved-classics

Only certain models of the following vehicles built during 1915 through 1948 are recognized as CCCA Classics: Be sure to check the list of recognized cars to see if all models of a particular marque are accepted as Full Classic cars. Application may be made for Full Classic consideration by applying to the National CCCA Classification commitee. 

Steve Babinsky    Chris Bock     Robert Joynt     Skip Tetz     David Kane     Carl Jensen

And for some light reading,  peruse this thread:

28 minutes ago, K8096 said:

Tell us about the AA Stutz sedan in the background    

The Stutz was bought local

to us and haven’t gotten around to it yet. Runs great just needs to be done. It’s getting closer in the list!

26 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Brian, is that you?

The Windsor White Prince is a GREAT car.  I'm Jealous.

Applying for CCCA acceptance is a  lot of work.   Somewhere on the forum here one of the members described doing it for a model Buick.

You might try looking here:

https://www.classiccarclub.org/

No sir not Brian. Thanks it does seem to be a really great car. Pretty excited about it.