For Sale: 1954 Buick Century -"Very original, in good condition"- Kansas - Not Mine - 3/4 Pending - 3/5 Deleted

6T-FinSeeker

For sale on Facebook: 1954 Buick Century 2-Door Hardtop in Newton, KS  -  $9,500  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/431085741512221/1955-Buick-Century

Seller's Description:

1954 Buick Century 2-Door Hardtop

• Driven 96,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Green
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems.

1954 Buick Century, 322 nailhead, 4 bbl. Very original and in good condition. New battery.

image.thumb.png.31ee3e53787148e66dc59131bbbdd618.png

image.thumb.png.c63ca0f4a3e68367391321c860b32998.png

image.thumb.png.3c129928e2bafed7223f1d7c96769fc3.png

image.thumb.png.adcf7dfd23840080943cf88f46d83349.png

image.thumb.png.ddd23a31b9826fd7f7da2ec92667b5ef.png

image.thumb.png.3c64304f0091098a91779c7f9bcd800a.png

image.thumb.png.990803756eef93cce2699576aa358ba4.png

image.thumb.png.8d382b19d91d932788cdb7ed10004986.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, 47buicknut said:

Lamar,

I will need that source if you are willing, your old 38 Century is doing well.

Take Care,

Tom

Let me check on it, it is in the three speed century I sold to my friend as a parts car for the Texas Pete Special I sold him. Seats were in great shape if I recall

edit, I've got pictures, will check

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Buick Century Hardtop - "Very original & in good condition" - Newton, KS - Not Mine - 3/4 Pending

Sale price duly noted.   I loved it for sure.   As a coffee drinking member I browse 6T's and 58Y's postings and others.  If a car is priced correctly, new buyers feel they are getting the car at a good price point.  But so many of these cars are priced at $20,000 and higher, like the 57 Century that was discussed.  Is this seller selling too low?   I don't think so, they are correctly pricing it.   The issue is the other cars drop off the radar and we never know what the market corrected sale price is, and price guides are never realistic.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

Is this seller selling too low?   I don't think so, they are correctly pricing it. 

I'm generally pretty conservative on my evaluations of '54's and IMO with what can be seen in the pictures and description this was a 12 grand car all day hence my comment "very good price".  It's a Century. Century's and Roadmasters can simply demand more. Fair price for buyer and seller, both will likely walk away happy.

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Buick Century -"Very original, in good condition"- Kansas - Not Mine - 3/4 Pending - 3/5 Deleted

My first foray in the mid 50's Buicks was a bust!  Drove 6 hours to see a 55 Roadmaster Riviera.  Car drove great.  The engine was quite smooth and the Dyna-Flow worked well.  The car was straight and the interior was nice.  But that is where the good things stopped and the hi-dollar stuff started!  The paint was rough, badly faded and a wet sand cut and buff would not save it.  I found rust underneath the chrome moldings and rain gutters.  All the chrome was in bad shape and needed to be redone. 

I even asked the seller before I left to check it out if there were any issues (like maybe some rust??) and he said "no".  I didn't even make an offer.

That '54 Century looks nice!

12 hours ago, deac said:

My first foray in the mid 50's Buicks was a bust!  Drove 6 hours to see a 55 Roadmaster Riviera.  Car drove great.  The engine was quite smooth and the Dyna-Flow worked well.  The car was straight and the interior was nice.  But that is where the good things stopped and the hi-dollar stuff started!  The paint was rough, badly faded and a wet sand cut and buff would not save it.  I found rust underneath the chrome moldings and rain gutters.  All the chrome was in bad shape and needed to be redone. 

I even asked the seller before I left to check it out if there were any issues (like maybe some rust??) and he said "no".  I didn't even make an offer.

That '54 Century looks nice!

That sucks, sorry to hear.  I hope you find a good one soon!

• Like 1