For Sale: 1956 Packard Executive 2-Door Hardtop - "needs nothing" - Hicksville, OH - Not Mine

For sale on Facebook: 1956 Packard Executive 2-Door Hardtop in Hicksville, OH  -  $23,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/485910312585322/1956-Packard-Executive-Hardtop

Seller's Description:

1956 Packard Executive 2-Door Hardtop

• Driven 80,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Black · Interior color: Red

One of the nicest examples of a 1956 Packard Executive I've ever seen and not because I own it. car is 100%, needs nothing hate to sell.

image.png.3571721fc3bc5cd7dabee6ddff25e8ef.png

image.png.e249160d51e8d5f26cd8f45aff324b87.png

image.png.202d15388e813ce51db6fbe448368c9e.png

image.thumb.png.9886f7117ae551601c0da3facb691248.png

image.png.bfc81faa1421a9d4496a267def6c913e.png

image.png.a76fd5e979ecdf4e2877c5cce24aaea5.png

image.png.06a47625741dea87cb81144ebb2345ab.png

image.thumb.png.a516830ad8ea030f1ad8812eb33f41eb.png

image.png.fd5881f4ca2056d56f50005153bfbab2.png

image.thumb.png.d8adfb67ec51c59af8ce8e31904505df.png

image.thumb.png.04d85217b13d35f9c5d048e02cb4eb0d.png

image.thumb.png.ed9da41b3a17928cc3c728aaca075ccb.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Packard Executive 2-Door Hardtop - "needs nothing" - Hicksville, OH - Not Mine

If this car is everything that it appears to be, I would be all over it. Love the two tone paint. Just the right amount of doors (2). Great styling. Don't think it will last long. 

• Like 3

Here we go again.  Does every old car for sale start in the $20,000's?   I am getting closer to retirement, as I believe these sellers are already there, and I am NOT spending $23,000 on a 56 Packard.   I don't care for the colors on the outside.  But I am a 56 Packard fan owing to their "last of" status.  They did not make many of these Executives.  A late Nance move to push cars.  But few people care.  I looked the car over, then my eyes kept gravitating to that nasty spare rim in the trunk.    We as interested bystanders usually never know what these over priced cars sell for, wish we did, but I think this one will stay with this greedy seller for a long time.  

Further up there was a black 1956 Cadillac Fleetwood in nice driver condition for I believe $14,000, already sold.  And since asking price is likely not selling price, I suspect it went for $12,000 or so.    Just so you guys don't think I am off my rocker on these "these cars are over priced" comments. 

57 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

I looked the car over, then my eyes kept gravitating to that nasty spare rim in the trunk.  

I really like this car and wish I had room for it in the garage.   However, my eyes got stuck on that trunk full of junk.   My first thought was what is that pile of junk trying to hide regarding the condition of the trunk. I can’t understand the mentality of sellers who take pictures of cars for sale with piles of junk still in or on a car.   It makes me wonder what else their lazy nature is hiding.   

• Like 3
6 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Here we go again.  Does every old car for sale start in the $20,000's?   I am getting closer to retirement, as I believe these sellers are already there, and I am NOT spending $23,000 on a 56 Packard.   I don't care for the colors on the outside.  But I am a 56 Packard fan owing to their "last of" status.  They did not make many of these Executives.  A late Nance move to push cars.  But few people care.  I looked the car over, then my eyes kept gravitating to that nasty spare rim in the trunk.    We as interested bystanders usually never know what these over priced cars sell for, wish we did, but I think this one will stay with this greedy seller for a long time.  

Further up there was a black 1956 Cadillac Fleetwood in nice driver condition for I believe $14,000, already sold.  And since asking price is likely not selling price, I suspect it went for $12,000 or so.    Just so you guys don't think I am off my rocker on these "these cars are over priced" comments. 

I guess you have to pay 34K to get a clean trunk and spare

For Sale: 1956 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special -"all original, Grand National Winner"- Longview, TX - Not Mine - "Not Mine" Automobiles For Sale - Antique Automobile Club of America - Discussion Forums (aaca.org)

Yes that's the one. Then there was the 54 Buick Century listed recently in the Buick Buy Sell section that was listed for $9500.  A 54 Buick Century 2 door hardtop is apples to apples comparison to this car. This car (Packard) is nice but every seller is looking around and thinking "if that guy can get that price, my car should be worth..."

• Like 1

Seller is justifiably proud of his beautiful car. Unfortunately, it's a 50's Packard, and he's overestimated its good-but-not-trailer-queen condition and the market value. 

That '54 Century HT was a killer deal, and sold immediately.

On the other hand, I was hot to pick up a '56 Coupe deVille until I discovered a nice one, not needing immediate mechanical attention or eventual expensive cosmetic work to satisfy my need for shiny things,  would set me back a LOT more than I thought such a car was worth.

Gee, I wish I could get a '56 Cadillac coupe in this condition for $23K....

• Like 2

Normally I'd say cars with big wide red stripes on the side weren't my thing, but this car is very pretty...and the stripes really work. I'd love to have this beautiful car.

• Like 2