1928 PACKARD 3 WINDOW COUPE - $9,900 (Wisconsin Rapids)

This is in the Minneapolis Craigslist. My iPad doesn’t show the actual cl link so I couldn’t add it here-sorry.

FOR SALE
1928 PACKARD 3 WINDOW COUPE. THIS CAR IS AN EXCELLENT SURVIVOR. THE CARS BODY HAS NO DENTS, RUST, AND THE FLOORS ARE GOOD. THE CAR HAS NEW NOS FENDERS AND THE RUNNING BOARDS ARE RUSTY. THE CAR RUNS GOOD, BRAKES WORK AND THE CHASSIS IS IN GOOD CONDITION. THE CAR ALSO GOOD GLASS. IT APPEARS TO BE A VERY LOW MILEAGE CAR BUT IT DOES NOT HAVE THE ORIGINAL SPEEDOMETER. THE CAR IS A 6 CYLINDER. CAN DELIVER. $9900

image.jpeg.94dc37b2f7d9572332a2b9a84b41a294.jpeg

• Like 7

I spoke to the seller about 6 months ago, seemed like a very nice guy.  At the time, he didn't have the trunk lid, but the pictures now show he has found/fabricated one.  Not sure where the value is, but it would look great if someone could return it to it's glory.

• Like 1

Maybe someone could get it and not go hog wild on a restoration but a refurbishment , paint job and some sprucing to get it back on the road.  Might be a good choice as a restoration would bury you,  but a rehab maybe you could be around the 20 mark all in if the engine doesn't need to come apart.  Especially if you could do the paint work yourself. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, auburnseeker said:

Maybe someone could get it and not go hog wild on a restoration but a refurbishment , paint job and some sprucing to get it back on the road.  Might be a good choice as a restoration would bury you,  but a rehab maybe you could be around the 20 mark all in if the engine doesn't need to come apart.  Especially if you could do the paint work yourself. 

That was my thought too when I called on it.  It runs, so that is huge.  

• Like 2

I’ve been lurking as a guest on the AACA forums for months (maybe years?).

This thread got me to register and post. 

I love this car. Lots of potential. Seems like a good price. Sadly another buyer got it before me. Just as well because the logistics were a challenge and I will be in the doghouse if I don’t clear some garage space first. 

Anyway, I have learned tons from the folks on this forum. Info that is very helpful to my quest for a late ‘20s to early ‘30s car.  Now that I’ve registered I’ll reciprocate when I can. 

- John

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Gearheadengineer said:

I’ve been lurking as a guest on the AACA forums for months (maybe years?).

This thread got me to register and post. 

I love this car. Lots of potential. Seems like a good price. Sadly another buyer got it before me. Just as well because the logistics were a challenge and I will be in the doghouse if I don’t clear some garage space first. 

Anyway, I have learned tons from the folks on this forum. Info that is very helpful to my quest for a late ‘20s to early ‘30s car.  Now that I’ve registered I’ll reciprocate when I can. 

- John

Under 10k for a 3 window Packard coupe that is complete and not bad at all.  Even for a 6 banger.    An interesting comparison is to this car:

13 hours ago, alsancle said:

Under 10k for a 3 window Packard coupe that is complete and not bad at all.  Even for a 6 banger.    An interesting comparison is to this car:

I went back and read through that 745 post all the way through. It was as much fun reading it a second time as it was the first. 

hope someone on the forum had a hard time falling asleep last night thinking about their plans for their new Packard coupe project. 

• Like 2