For Sale: 1955 Buick Super - Two-tone - Fireball V8 - Vinemont, AL - Not Mine

For sale on Facebook: 1955 Buick Super 4-Door Sedan in Vinemont, AL  -  $15,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/897874994377288/1955-Buick-Super

Seller's Description:

1955 Buick Super 4-Door Sedan

• 2 owners
  • Driven 45,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Blue & White · Interior color: Blue
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

1955 Buick, fireball V8, runs and drives good. Clean title. Good car. I just don't drive it much.

image.thumb.png.a8098be3acb9141e5c6e75163964576c.png

image.png.b041155376c39672427612ed7a0bda1b.png

image.png.109f82817cb0192dfdc24696a8be6488.png

image.thumb.png.c1d5c0b9a0782e0c942c026f0b471839.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
correct typo (see edit history)

I guess people can't read the emblems on the sides of their cars😄

I've found that sometimes Facebook doesn't list a certain model in their choices when you go to sell.  But usually the correction appears in the listing.  Also sometimes people are too lazy to even write a description.  One of those things I'll never understand...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

This car raises an interesting question for me.  On the '55 Buick 4-door sedans and Estate Wagons, which lacked the full rear wheel cut-outs of the '56 models, I always assumed that the lower body  behind the rear wheel openings would be painted in a similar fashion to the 2-door bodies with the full rear wheel cut-outs.

So, if the Super sedan in this listing has a factory applied two-tone paint treatment with contrasting colors above and below the sweepspear, shouldn't the lower rear quarter also be painted white, like the rest of the lower body?  (This was a moot point on the '55 Roadmaster sedans, since the area was covered with the large bright shield behind the rear wheel opening.)

Or, were the contrasting colors above and below the sweepspear utilized only between the front and rear wheel openings on the '55 sedans and Estate Wagons? 

I have seen '55 sedans painted both ways, but wonder which style is correct.  Thanks in advance for a clear and definitive answer about this.

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)

This car is not painted correctly. I may be wrong, but I don't think the paint division line should be done at the sweepspear when there is no full rear wheel cut-out. The correct paint division line for cars without the full rear wheel cut-out is the gutter on the roof, with the roof being one color and the rest of the car being another color.

Pete Phillips

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Buick Super - Two-tone - Fireball V8 - Vinemont, AL - Not Mine