Car related "riddle" question I can't answer

lump

I'm also member of a tool and garage forum, which had to be totally re-built a year or two ago, wiping out old memberships like mine. So recently I rejoined, and was warmly welcomed by old forum friends. But tonight I went there to post some photos of some bench vises I have acquired, but I have to answer some Q's first, to prove I'm not a "Bot." The questions are usually super easy, and I've done them before. But today the questions changed. Most of them are easy, as before. But one of them is a sort of riddle, and although the answer is likely simple as pie...I can't get it to save me. Since that riddle is about vehicle types, I figured it might be ok to seek the depth of automotive wisdom here on the AACA forum. So here it is:

"Tractor car bus which is usually in the city" I tried "Trolley," and "subway." Both are apparently wrong. Now I'm really curious what the answer is, even more than I want to be able to post today. 

So, what am I missing? Can anyone help a befuddled old man? 

Edited by lump (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

try "bus" by itself.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner, Greg! You know, I actually thought of that a few minutes after answering Wheelnut, and just got in. But I've worked on that for an hour, on and off! A strategically-placed comma in there, and maybe putting the word "one" after the word "which" might have made it make sense, even to an old man like me! LOL. 

Thanks so much!! 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Pete O said:

The clue was probably written by a millennial who was never taught grammar or punctuation in school.   No need for those obsolete subjects when they're using emojis to communicate.

Modern hieroglyphics! We should have children learning more about written languages rather than less for sure. 

Edited by BobinVirginia (see edit history)
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, lump said:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner, Greg! You know, I actually thought of that a few minutes after answering Wheelnut, and just got in. But I've worked on that for an hour, on and off! A strategically-placed comma in there, and maybe putting the word "one" after the word "which" might have made it make sense, even to an old man like me! LOL. 

Thanks so much!! 

Yeah, the question is poorly written, and not just from the punctuation standpoint.  Tractor is the only one that's usually not in the city.  A case can be made for the answer being "car" - at least there's more of them than buses in the city.

• Like 2

4153 pages of vices! Garage Journal Board. And a discussion of painting a Pierce Arrow in the thread. And you thought this forum got off topic!😆

"Tractor car bus which is usually in the city"

I took that as a multiple choice question without. punctuation.

One of my pet peeves about "Bot" questions is the one with postage stamp size photo's,  Which pictures have bicycles?

25 minutes ago, Paul Dobbin said:

"Tractor car bus which is usually in the city"

Worse yet is rural people know that Trailways and Greyhound buses ran in the country! So there is NO correct answer.😁

1 minute ago, Frank DuVal said:

Worse yet is rural people know that Trailways and Greyhound buses ran in the country! So there is NO correct answer.😁

We can rule out tractor in the city, seeing on in the city is "unusual"

18 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

4153 pages of vices! Garage Journal Board. And a discussion of painting a Pierce Arrow in the thread. And you thought this forum got off topic!😆

Well, Pierce Arrows can be a vice.  🤣

Granted I'm in a small city but I have seen more tractors on main street than buses. Lots of tractor collectors in the area and they come out for parades and shows all the time. I have never seen a bus other than maybe a school bus or senior citizen bus.

• Like 1