Hey there,  I recently got given a canadian 1953 pontiac with a 239ci 3.9 L6 and auto transmission and it didn't have a starter or alternator when I got it and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me some part or model numbers.

Thanks.

Edited by 53ponty (see edit history)
On 3/2/2021 at 3:01 PM, 53ponty said:

239ci 3.9 l6

Would that not be an L6  which is a flathead engine.  A I6 is an overhead valve engine.

engine type.jpg

Not all 6 cylinder engines in line until the Corvair.  In 1950, Lancia introduced one of the world's first production V6 engines in the Lancia Aurelia.

1 hour ago, Tinindian said:

Not all 6 cylinder engines in line until the Corvair.  In 1950, Lancia introduced one of the world's first production V6 engines in the Lancia Aurelia.

sorry, we're speaking american cars here.

2 hours ago, pontiac1953 said:

sorry, we're speaking american cars here.

Who says.  There is lots of non American content on this forum.  Even many non American Pontiacs.

20 hours ago, Tinindian said:

Who says.  There is lots of non American content on this forum.  Even many non American Pontiacs.

well the original poster is talking about the Pontiac 239 straight six, and that sure the heck has nothing to do with a Lancia from the land of baloney.

On 3/4/2021 at 1:08 AM, Guest said:

Would that not be an L6  which is a flathead engine.  A I6 is an overhead valve engine.

engine type.jpg

Sorry I accidentally put a lowercase L

On 3/2/2021 at 9:31 PM, pontiac1953 said:

49-54 pontiac six starter p/n 1107079, you can used the pontiac eight starter p/n 1107957, the generator p/n 1102797

Thank you