Idiot light

Buick35

I decided to install an electric fuel pump on my car and I want to install a light when the pump is running. Where can I get a light (   6volt) and lense cover probably red with the bulb recepticle? Thanks

I would look to the LED suppliers.

They make them that will push into a small drilled hole.

They come with two wires so you have to ground one, and they are usually polarity sensitive.

Or google up Cole Hersee and see what they might have.

Just out of curiosity, why do you care when the pump is running? If it's wired through an oil pressure switch, it will be off when the engine isn't running. That's all that matters. And understand that the light won't tell you if the pump is running. It will only tell you when the pump has power.

34 minutes ago, Buick35 said:

I'm using it just to prime my carburetor and mabe as an emergency pump. I don't want to forget to shut off the toggle switch.Thanks

As another option, get an illuminated switch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Round-10A-Metal-Push-Button-Switch-Waterproof-6V-9V-12V-24V-DC6-24V-LED-Light-/372707243920

• Like 1

Or a momentary switch.

9 minutes ago, Marty Roth said:

As joe_padavano suggested above, my thought is to use an On-Off Switch which also lights up itself-

One fewer item to go wrong,

one fewer extra hole in your car

Exactly what I recently did on my '55.  AutoZone Dorman red paddle @ $4.99 and inline fuse holder, BP-HMK-RP @ $4.29.

• Like 1