Wanted: ‘37 Dictator / Coupe-Express air cleaner

I have started to look for a correct air cleaner for my ‘37 Coupe-Express. The photo shows what I have on my engine now. It’s good-looking, but not correct for the year.

The page from the parts manual shows illustration number 0303-1F (part number 190195) as the one I’m looking for.

If anyone has one of these in good shape that they would be willing to part with, please contact me here or at: studebaker4829@live.com

Thanks in advance. Tom

CCFA8F77-F278-4D2F-B1F0-7CD4EB52F64B.jpeg

F0B14363-BD9A-491A-9E1E-DA1FB95AFD46.jpeg

Hi Chris.

Thanks for looking.  I’d like to find the correct one because the hood side panels are recessed to accommodate that larger diameter air cleaner.

I’ve owned this Coupe-Express for more than 23 years now, so I guess I need to start paying more attention to finding the correct air cleaner (either here or at swap meets once they open up again)

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Don.

Thanks for responding, but if I am reading your post correctly, the air cleaners you have are similar to the one in the photo above. That is the air cleaner I am trying to replace with one that is labeled as 0303-1F in the illustrations in the parts manual.

If what you have looks like 0303-1F, I would like to see pictures. 

Thanks. Tom