Does anyone use https://spaenaur.com/ who stalks automotive fasteners. They are a good source for screws to upholstery hardware supplies and a lot more. The stalk over 60,000 different pieces in inventory and I do not think I have ever heard them mentioned here. 

Yes it is a Canadian company but their wear house is 115,000 sq. ft. in hardware they may have what you need seeing this is what they specialize in.  

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)
  • Like 1

To Greenie, My 1940 Lasalle has the same phillips screws in the same places as the 1947 Oldsmobile. (interior frames around the glass) I think that may be the only phillips screws in the whole car. 

From the front passenger seat a lot of windshield garnish screws are visible. Please, be sure to align them. All in disarray will drive a rider like me nuts!

• Thanks 1

The oval head phillips #6 head with a #8 thread screws were used on GM cars on interior garnish molding's up through 1964, ( I am not familiar past that, the might have continued using them)They were hard to find at one time 

Edited by John348 (see edit history)

Those screws are known as "Jackson Head" screws.  You could probably find the ones you need at Fastenal.com or in person at one of their stores.