1931 Hupp mobile 4 door sedan

Morgansdad

There's a 1931 Hupp mobile 4 door sedan for sale near me if anyone is interested. Don't know anything about these cars but it does look good from the pictures. Selling due to health issues. He's asking $7500.00 Again, I don't know if that's a good price or not but like I said the car does look good from the pics. Not trying to help sell the car as I don't know him or the car.

Like so many other automotive pioneers, Robert C Hupp was forced out of the company he helped found and engineered in its early years. The bankers and investors always had more immediate goals than the engineers that made the product possible in the first place. Robert Hupp went on to the R.C.H. and Hupp-Yeats Electric automobiles as well as other things, while Hupmobile went on without him.

I think I would like to see pictures of the car for sale if there are any available? I am not in a position to buy anything these days, but I still like to look. 

This  Model  S  Hupmobile would  have  been  made in the  Cleveland  after  Hupp bought the  Chandler  plant. They  used  a few of  chandlers  idea's. Gone  were  there most of  the wooden  steering wheels. Took the  light, spark  and  gas levers off the  steering  wheel. These  were  prone to  break as  they  were made of  pot  metal. Starter went  to  a pull cable. Its  a 50  mile and  hour  car, over  that  the  engine gets  too  busy. I  have  2 of these  cars  and  they  drive  well.

DSC03538 (1).JPG

You old timers need to put your cheaters on..if you look at the facebook ad.

The steering wheel and column are modern and the pedal(brake?)is remounted like a kit for rodders in a V8 Ford style.

The car was probably being built as a "resto-rod" have modern motor trans and steering etc. but looking stock .

I think its to pricey ,bit not insane as the guy values his work to a degree.

I sold a cosmetically tired, solid wood no rust ,original top  1930 S ,4 door in super running,driving shape ,everything working propper with 5 new shoes and serviced (overhaul all systems)from bumper to bumper.

I was lucky to get 7.500..at borderline preservation conditon 3 years ago.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Flivverking said:

The steering wheel and column are modern and the pedal(brake?)is remounted like a kit for rodders in a V8 Ford style.

The car was probably being built as a "resto-rod" have modern motor trans and steering etc. but looking stock .

I sold a cosmetically tired, solid wood no rust ,original top  1930 S ,4 door in super running,driving shape ,everything working propper with 5 new shoes and serviced (overhaul all systems)from bumper to bumper.

Good catch on the steering wheel/column. I missed it ! Like Sgt, Schultz said, I know nothing!, I know nothing !

1 hour ago, Flivverking said:

Also Front coil springs