Rolling Art?

Xander Wildeisen

It may be a significant work of art, but I just can’t comprehend how any seller would list it without cleaning out the trash, vacumning the interior, and trashing the drink cup sitting on top of it.  Go figure...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamesR said:

Reminds me of Elvis' guitar covered in tooled leather. It was an example of both good craftsmanship and a really bad thing to do to a Martin D-28.

LzExBGjBYhcTasPVq8TWxyaltyQP0y7SGK_67maIXWAskS4BkVGouDKVYtDV9nINF1Vd8c8H4fMflFJaOWfQzTg.jpg

Are you sure it's stuck to the guitar? They sell covers just like that on reverb...

leather guitar cover | Glaze Guitars | Reverb

I've always like some of Elvis's music but I don't get why anyone would buy a $700 sock for an ax.

gav0sdibbpt0ahkzve48.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Are you sure it's stuck to the guitar?

It wasn't stuck to the guitar. I saw the pics of the removed leather covering when I found the pic I posted, so I figured it came off. But I'll guarantee it ruined the sound of that guitar, making it a bad idea. Sound is the reason most people buy D-28s. I'm guessing the leather preservatives weren't too kind to the nitrocellulose lacquer finish, either. I've seen many a Martin and Gibson with a gooey dull stripe on the face were the owner placed his leather strap in the case.  🤨

7 minutes ago, JamesR said:

It wasn't stuck to the guitar. I saw the pics of the removed leather covering when I found the pic I posted, so I figured it came off. But I'll guarantee it ruined the sound of that guitar, making it a bad idea. Sound is the reason most people buy D-28s. I'm guessing the leather preservatives weren't too kind to the nitrocellulose lacquer finish, either. I've seen many a Martin and Gibson with a gooey dull stripe on the face were the owner placed his leather strap in the case.  🤨

Totally agree... 
As mentioned, I don't do facebook. Very confusing thread for  those of us who don't do facebook. Still not  even sure if the original post was of a guitar, a car, a dog or .... oh well.. must not of been important enough  to share with the readers. 

Moving on...

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 2