1925 Paige 4 door sedan

Anyone out there that can help me with this unicorn? 1925 Paige 6-70 is very unique compared to 1924/1926. Rebuilt all wood structure, fabricated body sheet metal. Now working on fenders. Would like to look at another “25” but just can’t locate one. Thanks for any advise. I have a long history with this vehicle (50 years). 14 year old kid with a dream. Turns out it had to wait till I retired and of course had a bit more skill also could afford the costs. 

On 2/27/2021 at 2:38 AM, Pone said:

Anyone out there that can help me with this unicorn? 1925 Paige 6-70 is very unique compared to 1924/1926. Rebuilt all wood structure, fabricated body sheet metal. Now working on fenders. Would like to look at another “25” but just can’t locate one. Thanks for any advise. I have a long history with this vehicle (50 years). 14 year old kid with a dream. Turns out it had to wait till I retired and of course had a bit more skill also could afford the costs. 9 1 of 

My brother Has this car and has had it since the early 1960's, I came home from a tour in Vietnam (1 of 6)  and it was in the drive way in several pieces. Car is being rebuilt and is almost back to original condition. If any one has a 1925. Any one that has this car, please contact or give comment.  I would travel to your area to see your 1925 Paige, this would help in the final applications to get this car back on the road for people to look at.   Laddie is the my name.  The person that has this car please contact me. greatly appreciate this. 

2 hours ago, AHa said:

I was just fixing to say: Why doesn't this car fall down?

It must have awesome traction with those tires that stick to the ceiling!  🤣

Nice to see some Paige activity here! I can't help much with my dad's 1927 6-45 being too different (much smaller model), but I always enjoy hearing about and seeing other Paige automobiles. Grimy should be checking in here fairly soon. His is a bit earlier model 6-66.

Paige is one of those many so-called 'assembled' cars, however, they were a bit more significant than most. According to an article I read several years ago, Paige/Jewett made it into the top ten automobile producers one year! After Harry Jewett took over and turned things around, Paige Detroit only lost money in one year! That year was the post-WW1 recession, and also the only year before the great depression in which Ford lost money. Harry Jewett did not allow the company to sponsor or promote through racing because early in his automotive career, a friend of his was nearly killed during an automobile race. Harry was a compassionate man, and a conservationist, he didn't want to be responsible for a friend or company man being seriously hurt or killed while racing for the company.

The company did do some speed trials, and economy runs (especially with the Jewett cars!). One year, the Paige 6-66 was said to be the fastest production car in America. They were also said to be the first American built standard production chassis to break the 100 mph barrier.

The Paige automobiles deserve more recognition than they get, as being historically significant and quality automobiles.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Pone said:

I maybe interested in your engine. Can you send clear photos of what you have. Thanks

Pone, Bethlehem Pa. 

Sorry      PONE,    I have no photo of this engine.  Your mirror image  KRAM  of LADDIE

As @wayne sheldonsaid, I have a 1922 Paige 6-66 4-passenger phaeton (body style called "Larchmont II") which Paige called the "Sport" Model, 8A engine which takes same gaskets as 10A but different manifolds.  See photos.  Mine has separate instruments in the dash panel rather than the handsome instrument cluster used later.  Mine is essentially the same as the 1921 which @31plymouthused to own.  His engine is at least 2,500 miles closer to you--I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I also parted out a 1925 6-70 chassis that I found in Oregon, but have sold the transmission, rear axle assembly, starter, and steering box and column.  Never had any shiny bits for the 1925.  I do have springs, frame, radiator & shell, and a few other chassis parts.  I have an engine that I'm keeping for backup, and

Paige-1.JPG

Paige-rearqtr.JPG

Paige-tonneau.JPG

Continental 8A gaskets.JPG

Paige-interior.JPG

Edited by Grimy
added radiator & shell (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Grimy, I bought a 1923 Paige like yours from a auction in Philly a couple years ago.  I bought it will hopes to put my 1925 Paige together locating clips/retainers in proper locations. All original untouched which I will sell eventually in the same virgin condition as it is in unmolested thru out. 22603841-919C-49A5-B257-124E2D29B158.thumb.jpeg.bd91b1a083587ff3ea867a87fe1305a1.jpegYour car is gorgeous thank you for sharing. That goes for everyone on this site. I thought I was alone with my 1925 Paige 6 70. I am hoping old car guy will allow me to photo his 1925 Sedan for my reference when reassembling. Sorry about the picture upside down I can’t figure why it’s rite side up in my photos. Well I guess I’ll have to go to my son for help🤔. Any insights you can give me on my Paige is greatly appreciated. Any recommendations on a engine rebuilder?  Again thank you for being there. 
Pone, Bethlehem, Pa

B4388346-DE6C-4121-90D1-A91157737F39.png

2D0B515B-2393-461D-A54D-F0308D4FC597.png

19 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Impressive craftsmanship!  Would this be the Deluxe Sedan or the Landau Brougham?  Have you found an indication of what company built the body?

The brougham body was built by Robbins.

• Like 1

I am confused.

It started with the cars sticking to the ceilings.

If correct:

31 Plymouth has a engine for sale.

Laddie and Pone are brothers?

Thanks,

Dennis

Pone, so THAT'S where the car at the Simeone auction went!  Congrats!  However, I think that's a 1921 or 1922 of the same body style as mine and the serial and engine numbers will resolve that.  Headlights are not standard Paige issue.  I'm pretty sure I saved some of the auction photographs.

The Graham-Paige Owners Club nominally covers Paige as a predecessor to Graham, but in my 20 years of membership there have been only about three articles on Paige--and I wrote one of them.  To be fair, that's likely a result of lack of article submissions by Paige owners rather than any neglect by G-P editors.  The roster is useful for connecting with other Paige owners.

• Like 3

I agree with you on the year.  Title states 1923!  Sorry I did not meet you at the action. I also agree about the headlights. But they are neat and match the radiator design. I only bought it because it is unmolested as far as never disassembled that I can tell. Neat car non the less. Your car is testimony to that. 
Ya I agree with you about the Graham/Paige club. I guess we’re our worst enemy not contributing to the news letter. Would be nice to see parts for sale, or updated roster. 
And yes Dennis, Laddie is my brother and no I have yet to ID body manufacture but will update as I continue with the reconstruction. Thank you to all for your support. 
Pone, Bethlehem, Pa

Thanks Pone,

Had a hard time following that.

That is our 25 brougham pictured .

You are welcome to document any necessary details. Car is in the Dayton, Ohio area.

It's mostly all original.

Let us know if we can help.

Dennis

On 2/27/2021 at 1:13 PM, C Carl said:

36AFF27C-F496-415E-818D-F93B80DBAEA7.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Pone said:

I have yet to ID body manufacture but will update as I continue with the reconstruction

@Ponethe Larchmont II bodies (at least) were built by Wilson Body of Detroit.  The serial and engine numbers are on a tag (on my car) are on the front seat frame, passenger side.  I'll see if I can find a body tag but may well be near the paige tag--I just don't a photo of it on my computer.

Wilson also built "series custom" coupe bodies with rear-hinged (front-opening) doors for Pierce-Arrow series 80 ca. 1925-27.

• Like 1

Dennis, I wasn’t sure who owned the 1925 Paige 6 70. Thank you for clearing that up. When this pandemic starts to clear up I would like to drive or fly to you to share my progress and get a lot of photos. Would you consider selling your 1925 Paige to me to help complete mine? Thanks for your consideration. 
Pone, Bethlehem, Pa. cell #610 866 7220

@PoneI wasn't at the Simeone auction and wasn't looking to buy what's now your car.  My friend Tom M of Santa Cruz CA, who has a beautifully restored 1921 Daytona, was bidding by phone, I think.  Tom and I conferred by email and phone looking at the details in the auction photographs before the auction.