65 Riv Parcel Shelf

Kevrev

I brought a flat parcel shelf I know I can hear you all, why did you do that, well, I just ordered a Clarks Fiberglass one and waiting for it to be shipped to Aus. The interior was out of my car when i got it. Can i put the rear seats back in, and put the new parcel shelf in later, or does it need to go in first

The front edge of the parcel shelf is held down by nubs on the center speaker housing and the outer edges are held down by tabs on the trim pieces that close out the gap between the seat backs and the door panels.  Not hard to get in and out so I'd put it back together now, seats come out in about 5min with most of the work being fishing the unified seat sections out the doors with the front seats in.  If you're looking for a halfway house to make it drivable, put the seats in but leave the close out panels and the trim that goes along where the parcel shelf meets the sail panels out, that way you only have to pull the seats out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

I believe the parcel shelf goes in first, followed by the trim panels between the shelf and the headliner,

then the rear interior side panels below the rear windows, then the seats and rear speaker grill

last.

Thank You