For Sale: 1957 Cadillac Series 62 - "Get in and go cruising" - Salem, NH - Not Mine - 2/26 SOLD!

For sale on Craigslist: 1957 Cadillac Series 62 4-Door Sedan in Salem, NH  -  $14,500  -  Call or text Greg:  603 247 57 zero zero 

Link: https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/salem-1957-cadillac-series-62/7282603353.html

Seller's Description:

1957 Cadillac Series 62 4-Door Sedan

• condition: good
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 90,000
  • paint color: black
  • title status: clean

Up for sale is my 1957 Cadillac Series 62 4dr H/T. 365 V8, auto transmission. Good body and paint. Good original interior with a few small blemishes and worn areas. White Wall coker tires. New exhaust system. Great looking cruiser. Power windows, P/S, P/B. Everything works.
Get in and go cruising.

image.png.15b43bfd88f6e4ea9b88b4ac176c0f48.png

image.png.6509b79699194930571ab7f89e7f16cf.png

image.thumb.png.099a9e068d2de87e7d521889d54c0206.png

image.thumb.png.ee52ac9d591b27046413bb95c423e4db.png

image.png.29add162487c80076ea302ced7023ad5.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Cadillac Series 62 - "Get in and go cruising" - Salem, NH - Not Mine - 2/26 SOLD!

Says something about the market, right?  What appears to be a good car, priced to sell will generate a lot of interest and sell fairly quickly.  This represents that 5% of fb and/or CL ads that are of real interest and priced based on reality.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Says something about the market, right?  What appears to be a good car, priced to sell will generate a lot of interest and sell fairly quickly.  This represents that 5% of fb and/or CL ads that are of real interest and priced based on reality.

Very true about CL (and ebay too.) The only cars that are realistically priced are the ten year old common daily drivers: Chevy, Toyota, Mazda Ford.

For some strange reason collector cars are routinely overpriced online. I don't mean overvalued - I know that old cars have conspicuously higher values than ten year old cars - I mean overpriced as in they want 20-30% more than market value (at least when it comes to the cars that I'm more familiar with market values for.) The vast majority of old collector cars on ebay don't sell or are bid to way below reserve. I don't quite understand the strategy, but I admit I'm not a flipper, either. I know it's harder to valuate cars that don't sell every day, but the pawn shop style approach of routinely overcharging doesn't seem to be working.

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

I mean overpriced as in they want 20-30% more than market value... 

For internet ads, here's the technique I use when the

price is too high:

---Contact the seller and ask all needed questions.

Take notes.  Ask courteously how flexible his price is.

---Print out the ad and contact information, since

it might not be on-line later.  Save the print-out. 

Save a few pictures if desired.  Contact the seller many

months later.  The chances are good that the car is still

available--even a year later.  The seller may be happy

to hear that someone is still interested.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

John a pal used that technique back in the day, he was interested in one particular car, 39 Chevy.  He bought at least one by holding the ad and inquiring after it had been out of the paper for some time, and negotiated a good savings.  Definately a good approach today.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

For internet ads, here's the technique I use when the

price is too high:

---Contact the seller and ask all needed questions.

Take notes.  Ask courteously how flexible his price is.

---Print out the ad and contact information, since

it might not be on-line later.  Save the print-out. 

Save a few pictures if desired.  Contact the seller many

months later.  The chances are good that the car is still

available--even a year later.  The seller may be happy

to hear that someone is still interested.

John. I do this all the time for things I see on Craigslist. I have found it works over 50% of the time. I keep the printouts and go back and look through all of them a few times a year.  I don’t always know the market for everything that catches my eye, but if I see something that I’d like to have, and my gut says it is overpriced, it is frequently available when I reach out again later. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

This exactly. I can understand why this had tons of interest and sold quickly.  I use myself as an example, I’m not looking for a 1957 Cadillac, but when I clicked on this post the first time I looked at it and thought hmmmm..........

• Like 3