PRE-WAR BUICK GATHERING AT CHICKASHA - 2021

Terry Wiegand

I spoke with Susie Ersland earlier today and got the official word that the Chickasha Swap Meet is on.  This posting is to let all of the Early Buick Enthusiasts know that we will meet at High Noon at our usual meeting spot, otherwise known as Steve Hammatt's space.  It's been two years since all of us Buick friends have seen each other and I for one am ready to get out of the house and back on the road for a little travelin'.  I also am really glad that the dangerously cold weather seems to be behind us now.  As that old saying goes - 'Be There or Be Square'.

Terry Wiegand

Out in Warmer Doo Dah

• Like 2

Chuck, you are absolutely right, I forgot to add the most important detail.  The Meet is March 19 and 20.  The Buick folks will get together at High Noon on Friday, the 19th.  Chuck, we hope that you folks down in Texas have thawed out so that you can come up and join us.  Susie told me that she thinks this is going to be a well attended Meet.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Thanks 1

Hi all, 

I hope to be there, but have hernia surgery one week prior, so the trip will depend on recovery, and having a friend do most of the driving

• 3 weeks later...

The 'usual suspects' showed up at noon for the annual Pre-War Buick Gathering.  The Meet was very well attended and everyone was happy to see their friends.  Being cooped up from the Covid crap and the cold weather has really played havoc with folks being able to congregate and talk about their projects and visit with their friends.  Someone said that Susie Ersland signed up 35 new, first time swap meet vendors.  All in all, the meet was well attended under the circumstances.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

P3191051.JPG

P3191054.JPG

• Like 3

Had planned to be there, but still dealing with after-effects from hernia surgery last Wednesday, and the drive would have been a strain. 

I hated to give up my motel reservation, but pulled the plug at the last moment when MD suggested that I not overdo and maybe pull internal stiches - I don't want to go throgh that again !

Hope everyione travels safe !

Enjoyed chatting with you Terry. Good to see Pete, Steve, and the other ‘guys and gals.’ I found a few goodies for my !921 Model 45 Touring and made it home safely to Fort Worth late Friday afternoon. Enjoy your Spring season which officially starts today. 👍

Chuck

On 3/20/2021 at 9:02 AM, Mark Shaw said:

Great to see you guys having fun again! 

Was there much Buick stuff this year?

Mark,

There was a LOT of Buick stuff--more than I've ever seen at this meet. No Buick cars, but seems like every third swap space had an old Buick part or two if you took the time to look through it all.

IMG_0713.JPG

Edited by Pete Phillips
Add photo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

Mark,

There was a LOT of Buick stuff--more than I've ever seen at this meet. No Buick cars, but seems like every third swap space had an old Buick part or two if you took the time to look through it all.

Thanks Pete.  That 1912 Radiator is a real find!  Did anybody you know buy it?

There was also a nice 1916 Buick radiator assembly leaning up against the trailer tongue right across from Coker's trailer.  Both sides of the core looked really nice and the hose connection tubes were really nice also.  The bottom front side of the shell was rusted out and $150.00 was written on it.  As Pete said there was a lot of Buick stuff if a person knew what they were looking for.  A very good meet and a good time was had by all.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Thanks 1