Big early speedster

The railroad line was one of the many Finger Lakes branches of the Lehigh Valley Railroad, specifically one that ran up the east side of Cayuga Lake from Ithaca to Seneca Falls and Auburn, New York.    Lovely area if you ever have the chance to visit.

• Like 1

The photo must have been taken around 1908. All recognizable cars are different, so the event possibly was some kind of club tour. Starting on the left of the main picture we see probably a Hudson (the triangular badge is vaguely visible on the top of the radiator shell), followed by a Mitchell (oval light badge). The large speedster is a Thomas Flyer, followed by a Packard. The car on the extreme right seems to be an Oakland.

• Thanks 1

For the first car on the left to be a Hudson, it would have to be 1909 or later after Hudson came into production.    Notice the cars are being unloaded from a ferry used to cross the lake.  

'10's unknown autos - Cayuga, New York cropped a.jpg

Great picture!  I think the photo is more like 1911 or 1912.  The Hudson in the picture has doors on the front which I think came in 1911.  Most cars did not have front doors in 1908.  My observation is that Mitchell had the tie rod in front of the axle at least until 1911.  The Mitchell pictured does not have this arrangement.  Just my opinion.  I'm not an expert in either marque.  Also, NY did not have state issued license plates until 1910 which the cars shown seem to have.