For Sale: 1948 Chrysler Windsor Sedan - Green - Union City, CA - Not Mine - 8/6 & 6/21 Increased

For sale on Facebook: 1948 Chrysler Windsor 4-Door Sedan in Union City, CA  -  $10,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

On 6/21, Seller increased price to $10,550

On 8/6, Seller increased price to $11,500

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/428421788469024/1948-Chrysler-Windsor-Sedan

Seller's Description:

1948 Chrysler Windsor 4-Door Sedan

• Driven 9,999 miles
  • Manual transmission
  • Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Green

1948 Chrysler Windsor *Straight Six *Runs and Drives *Register & Clean Title *Offers Only Taken in Person! *Absolutely no BS!

$10,000 OBO

**Note** CAR IS A WINDSOR MODEL

image.thumb.png.fd54d9fb8847af5a1654a2f109eb699d.png

image.thumb.png.f299f4077a43928d132f413639ce1a5a.png

image.thumb.png.dc90890a5a487638e16f70423cc54eac.png

image.thumb.png.51e16ca84997e36d65363216997a75e6.png

image.thumb.png.2ba1e6f6ca2a8403c5555e3540c50be0.png

image.thumb.png.2d5cb04de2499548aef216e1fc18cf18.png

image.thumb.png.693a453cc85234ce7fdc2f8f403ff47d.png

image.thumb.png.59c3641f7b9c3efc097158b1f26ba38f.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update price (see edit history)

4 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Offers only in person?  So fly to Ca.  Offer say $9,000. Told no. Fly home. I think not.

OF course .Talk about the final price in front of the car .Those ........ who ask for your best price on the phone and you keep the car for them and stay home and then they come to your house and the discussion starts again as they thought it was better .I always ask  if we can talk about the price and then i go over and see the car and try to make a deal if i like it .

• Like 1

I can see the seller's point. He/she wants to have a fistful of $100 bills change hands, and the car to go away. Probably works full time. No diddling around with banks, shipping, etc. 

On the buyer's side, this isn't a rare car the average hobbyist might spend years searching for. Let someone in the Bay Area buy it. 

It's important to know what you're buying, but the whole "travel to see the car, maybe get a hotel, find out it has rusty rockers, the engine makes nasty noises, etc., and fly home empty handed" adventure should be reserved for something rare/highly desirable. 

• Like 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1948 Chrysler Windsor Sedan - Green - Union City, CA - Not Mine - 6/21 Increased
15 hours ago, 6T-FinSeeker said:

On 6/21, Seller increased price to $10,550.

It's always puzzling to me when this happens, and it is not that unusual.  Did seller address something, or make a seasonal adjustment?  Without an explanation its just a bit odd...

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1948 Chrysler Windsor Sedan - Green - Union City, CA - Not Mine - 8/6 & 6/21 Increased

The seller must have the Bloomberg car trader app., changing the price to the stock ticker margin. Must be a pita changing the price on the for sale sign though. Nice thing about a digital sign is that you can adjust the price on the fly, and even better, link it to the Bloomberg app.

13 hours ago, supercub said:

Would this car have fluid drive by chance? I've never driven one but I bet it would make a nice drive.

Zooming in on the int pic, it has a safety clutch. The interior paint is pretty rough, as well as the steering wheel.

Standard fluid drive car which are great for teaching younger drivers with zero clutch experience or 3 on the tree knowledge how to drive an old car. If it is tuned correctly you really have to work to stall it or getting into riding a bucking bronco.  Takes that fear out of it for many who have no clue what a standard trans is these days.  The best cars to teach clutch work if you had to stop on an incline and the idiot behind you is inches off the bumper.

• Thanks 1

Seller might be raising the price because he's tired of dealing with all the lowballers that call and inquire about his six cylinder 4-door sedan that's been advertised for sale for the past 6 months. In his mind he has something special here (only to him), he's already spent $11,500 on his Chrysler that's probably  only worth half that amount and wants every penny of it back. Hate to say it but I'm siding with the lowballers as they're actually the ones that are knowledgeable about the car in this case. IMO common everyday old cars that are listed for sale for many months or even years at a time (FB & CL are full of them) become stale and less and less attractive to buyers as time goes on. I'm assuming that  by now a number of people have looked at the car and passed on it either because it's too expensive or it's just not as advertised, it probably looks much better in the little pictures on the computer screen than it does in person. 

• Like 1