headlight dimmer switch

4 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Do you have a photo of it you can share? Is that a dashboard mounted switch or floor mount?

Thanks for your help i finally got the switch installed waited until it got dark and used a light to get it done...its really a hard item to replace put a light to cover hole and just have to feel your way into the hole..it is a floor mount.Hope i never have to replace it again only room for your fingers to do the job you cannot see the hole....would recommend wrapping a small size wire around the top of switch when removing a old one then you can use the wire to pull the switch back into the hole..that will help..i am 77 years old and have to do my on..love the old cars.Thanks again this is my second time to visit the forum in several years lovr the advise.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Do you have a photo of it you can share? Is that a dashboard mounted switch or floor mount?

Thanks for your help i finally got the switch installed waited until it got dark and used a light to get it done...its really a hard item to replace put a light to cover hole and just have to feel your way into the hole..it is a floor mount.Hope i never have to replace it again only room for your fingers to do the job you cannot see the hole....would recommend wrapping a small size wire around the top of switch when removing a old one then you can use the wire to pull the switch back into the hole..that will help..i am 77 years old and have to do my on..love the old cars.Thanks again this is my second time to visit the forum in several years lovr the advise.Do not know how to send pics but the 1937 deluxe is a grand ole lady..brown with a camel color interior all original.She runs great..get lots of heads turning when driving.

Thanks will get my son to help me with the pics.I an not a computer guy just have to feel myself ..i also own a 1941 plymouth 4 dr,a 1949 dodge wayfarer...i am not a wealthy man have had to work hard for these classics they remind me of my youth when i grew up in the 40's and 50's these old cars were real cars not like the stuff they make today.Again have to feel myself around on the computer..hope to get pics of my cars on this site....glad i found it again.Jesus is Lord.

• Like 1
On 2/24/2021 at 9:31 AM, hardtimes said:

Thanks for the advice ----that was what i was going to do today.

having trouble with new fuel pump on my 37 plymouth...have bought 2 new fuel pumps  the problem is the rocker arm is not contacting the camshaft..seems it is too short..can i milled down the face of pump to make it make contact of cam lobe...i don't want to use a electric pump on my oldcar...any help will be appreciated.

I think I would try and find the correct pump first. The AC catalog I have lists 428 and with a part number change, pump number 587. It is a B series pump , I will attach a general picture of B series.

I have dealt with Then and Now on fuel pumps and they are very good. https://www.then-now-auto.com/fuel-pumps/

I am presuming you have the original engine. We probably should start a new thread on the pump since it is a different subject.

Dave

20210228_120515.jpg

Edited by Dave39MD (see edit history)

Thanks for your response...i have found two 428 pumps like you show and that is the same as the pumps i found...am in the process of rebuilding both pumps now.I found rebuild kits and are supposed to be for the ethenol gas.I do all of my repairs myself and am 77 and not as fast as i used to be.The 587 pumps are made different than the original pumps and just will not pump gas.Maby this week i will get one rebuilt and get it installed and pray it works.The old pump is an AC-1522237 stamped on the faceof pumpI thing is will work.I will repost when i get it installed and see...the rocker arms on the new built 587 pumps will not contact the cam lobe...have tried three with no results..have put paint on rocker arm and it is never any sign o it when removed.Thanks for your help.

2 minutes ago, hardtimes said:

Thanks for your response...i have found two 428 pumps like you show and that is the same as the pumps i found...am in the process of rebuilding both pumps now.I found rebuild kits and are supposed to be for the ethenol gas.I do all of my repairs myself and am 77 and not as fast as i used to be.The 587 pumps are made different than the original pumps and just will not pump gas.Maby this week i will get one rebuilt and get it installed and pray it works.The old pump is an AC-1522237 stamped on the faceof pumpI thing is will work.I will repost when i get it installed and see...the rocker arms on the new built 587 pumps will not contact the cam lobe...have tried three with no results..have put paint on rocker arm and it is never any sign o it when removed.Thanks for your help.hope the cam lobe is not wore down...if it is will have to use an electric pump...i could never pull the motor to replace the can shaft by myself.

The old pump number 1522237 goes to AC type number 425. They show that fits a variety of 1936 Chrysler corp. products. 

Dave

Yes Sir,i looked at the old box that the fuel pump was in and i found that the number on the box was 425.I am in the process of rebuilding these two pumps i bought--the price on the old box was $3.45 for the rebuilt pump....not much money today but back at that time it was.Thanks again for your help---will post if they workout for me.

Dimmer switch issue resolved---having trouble with the fuel system--have tried three 587 mechanical pumps on my 37 plymouth and the rocker arm is not making contact with the camshaft lobe that works pump--is it possible the lobe has worn down?I have found 2 AC 425 fuel pumps that were rebuilt most likely over 40-50 years ago however have found rebuild kits for todays gas and am now doing a rebuild on them--both of them look exactly like the pump that the shop manual shows.Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.